Is there a way to Change the default dashboard by calendar event in home assistant

Is there a way to change the default dashboard by a calendar event?

Example: I have several switches and automations that I use during the winter months. And I have some that I use during spring/summer. I would like to have my dashboard change during these times/dates to display only the switches and sensors for that duration. is this possible?

Why not use a conditional card for the ones that you want to show during winter months based upon calendar events?

I have one calendar for only for seasons called “arstid” with WINTER, SPRING …

An automation to change input_booleans for different seasons:

trigger:
  - platform: calendar
    event: start
    offset: "0:0:0"
    entity_id: calendar.arstid
action:
  - choose:
      - conditions:
          - condition: state
            entity_id: calendar.arstid
            state: WINTER
            alias: WINTER
            attribute: message
        sequence:
          - service: input_boolean.turn_on
            data: {}
            target:
              entity_id: input_boolean.winter

etc...

That turn on a helper input_boolean “WINTER” and one input_boolean for “SPRING” etc. and uses this for condition in a conditional card.

2 Likes

I think the default dashboard is stored in a local cookie on your device, so I’m not sure how you’d change this via an automation.

1 Like

Thank you, I will try this out and let you know.

Well, It’s been a Year since I originally posted this question. I still have not been able to figure out a solution. I can manually change the dashboard, there just should be a way to accomplish this by calendar event. any ideas would be great, Thank you

Like @Mats789 suggested. Instead of trying to go against the grain and change dashboards. You could have a single dashboard for all year long that toggles card containing you devices and switches.

Ex: I have a front and backyard view that are in the spring summer and fall showing regular outdoor lights and irrigation system. In the same views irrigation systems hides in the winter when there’s snow but show my Halloween and Christmas lights.

Hope this help you @bigsteps1966

1 Like