Is there a way to reload an integration from a lovelace card?

While this is a hacky workaround, I have a lovelace view of various cameras around my house. Most of these are Ring cameras. Very often these tiles on lovelace have broken thumbnails and when you click them, the video is unavailable. I have recently updated to the latest Core + OS for HA and this still occurs very often. If I manually reload the Ring integration, it fixes this temporarily.

Therefore, I am wondering if it is possible to have a button on this lovelace page that will reload the integration which will effectively refresh the Ring cameras and make them work again. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Edit: Here is a picure of the tiles not working

I have same issue but I’m thinking the integration needs updating as even reloading only last a short time. I’m not aware of any way to reload from dashboard but ofcoarse anything can be done.

I have the same problem. It started a few days ago when I upgraded to the latest Core+OS. The camera dashboards I have are effectively useless now. Also noticed that a manual reload temporarily solves the problem but I haven’t figured out a way to automate this. My Home Assistant log is also full of Ring errors related to Fetching Ring History Data.

I switched to snapshots and works fine for now. At least there is always a current last motion image on dashboard rather then a grey box.

How did you go about switching it to show snapshots? Are you using a different type of card?

If there is a reload button in the UI, there’s most likely a reload service. Aslo, has anyone written up this issue?

@elevate377 I also use ring-mqtt for alarm along with the integration for cameras that is built into Home Assistant. Ring-mqtt has camera snapshot option so i enabled that and it creates the entities automatically “camera.front_doorbell_snapshot” as example and i just selected those instead and works good. attaching code from ring-mqtt(search hacs for ring i think its in there or install repo GitHub - tsightler/ring-mqtt: Ring devices to MQTT Bridge anyways here is snapshots on my dashboard(attached screenshot)

enable_cameras: true
snapshot_mode: motion
enable_modes: false
enable_panic: false
enable_volume: false
mqtt_host: <auto_detect>
mqtt_port: <auto_detect>
mqtt_user: xxxxxxxx
mqtt_password: xxxxxxx
branch: addon
ring_token: ''
location_ids:
  - ''

Forgot to say thanks for the info here. This is something I have on my to-do list to try out.

Side note, issue has been posted here for anyone interested:ring integration and ring doorbell camera · Issue #51624 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Same issue with motioneye

Not sure what you expect from me.

If anyone is running into integration issues, capture the logs and write up an issue on GitHub. Posting here will gain nothing more than a conversation with someone in the forums.

1 Like

I like conversations :slightly_smiling_face:. I will wait upcoming release because I’ve seen several implementation for this supervisor in wensday release.