Is there a way to reset the entire iOS component?

I’m running HA 80.3 & iOS app 1.5.0 B21 on an iPhone 4S (yes I know - very old!!).

The app connects and works and reflects the status on the Overview page quite well. However, somehow I ended up with two instances of my phone. I tried commenting out the ‘ios:’ line in ‘configuration.yaml’ without success, and when I re-enabled that line, I got an error that the ‘iOS platform could not be enabled’. Sorry, that may not be the exact verbiage.

I’ve also tried removing the 2nd instance from the ‘/config/.ios.conf’ file, but that didn’t help at all.

Is there any way to reliably reset the iOS component entirely so I can start from scratch without having to redo all my other configurations?

TIA

Open known_devices.yaml - that’s the file that should have one entry per device (phone/tablet) you have the mobile app installed on. The names in there correspond to the names you have entered in the app. So delete the one that’s in error and restart HA.

Thanks ha+steve, that got rid of the extra phones. However, I’m still getting a notification on the Overview page:

Invalid config.  
The following components and platforms could not be set up:  
- iOS  
Please check your config.  

The “Configuration Validation” panel doesn’t find anything to complain about.

Any thoughts as to how I can determine what is wrong?

TIA

what do your logs say at startup?

Edit: also, what is in your ios: component in your configuration.yaml?

Great pointers again ha_steve - Thanks muchly.

Turned out to be an errant comma in “.ios.config” from when I tried deleting the extraneous phone.

All fixed now ;-}}