Is there any way to pair these devices together ? (LYWSD03MMC Temperature / Humidity Sensors + Zigbee 3 Gateway)

Couldn’t find any resources online nor on this forum, sorry if this has been asked previously.

Pictures for reference: https://imgur.com/a/MbR9dZz

So a few months ago I bought a few xiaomi sensors (picture 4; Model is LYWSD03MMC), paired them with my phone but realised I could use a hub/gateway device so I don’t have to connect to each sensor individually everytime I want to check the temperature, and also check the temps without being home.

So I ordered the Zigbee Gateway 3 (picture 1, and picture 4 as to WHY I bought it without looking into it).

I paired the gateway with my phone (Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro if that makes any difference), see picture 2.

When I try to add a child device, the only devices I can add are the ones on picture 3 (which do not include mine)

When I go into the bluetooth mesh gateway settings, none of the sensors are detected although they are within reach, one is literally next to it (picture 1 and 5)

Now I don’t know much about the wireless connectivity these devices use, I just assumed that bluetooth is bluetooth regardless of the device. It also says that they are all compatible with Mijia app, but that apparently doesn’t mean they are compatible with each other ?

Does anyone know if there is a way to make these two work together ?

Hi Homer

Any luck with this? I am in the same exact situation, and cant find a way to add the Temp Monitor (lywsd03mmc) to the Gateway 3.

Thanks,
Byron1c

I have both devices. Strugled to get them work together and I failed.
Then, suddnely, after week or so, thermometer shows in my xiaomi mobile app.
I’am not shure what happend. Later I ditched xiaomi gateway and start using HA Core on raspberry 3b. I am reading LYWSD03MMC thermometer directly from RPi with gatttool command, then decode reading into values of temperature, humidity and battry voltage, store values into database and send them to home assistant.
If you interesed about, I can give you my bash script for that.

P.S.
I learned about this from:
http://www.d0wn.com/using-bash-and-gatttool-to-get-readings-from-xiaomi-mijia-lywsd03mmc-temperature-humidity-sensor/

What does this have to do with Home Assistant?