Is there any way to skip onboarding when configuring for the first time?

I was wondering if maybe onboarding can be skipped. I have access to HASS directory and to the configuration files. Maybe I can set up HASS directly there?
This is because I get an error every time I try to pass trough onboarding, and haven’t found a solution yet.
That error is posted in another topic.
Thank you.

The other topic refered to: Time Zone Error while installing, need help

Yes you can, and if you supply the following in your configuration.yaml file it should skip the onboarding process:

homeassistant:
  name: < the name of your system >
  latitude: <your lattitude in decimal degrees) >
  longitude: < your longitude in decimal degrees) >
  elevation: < your elevation, in meters if metric >
  unit_system: metric
  time_zone: < your timezone >

Don’t include the < or >.

Interestingly the timezone that is generating errors in your other post appears to be valid ( America/Santiago ) so… :man_shrugging:

Thank you Tom :slightly_smiling_face:

I’t didn’t work, and I have already tried reinstalling

2021-06-30 11:07:54 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.util.yaml.loader] mapping values are not allowed here in "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml", line 1, column 16 2021-06-30 11:07:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Failed to parse configuration.yaml: mapping values are not allowed here in "/data/data/com.termux/files/home/.homeassistant/configuration.yaml", line 1, column 16. Activating safe mode

Guess I will just buy a raspberry pi… >< pretty weird

Post your (sanitised and correctly formatted) configuration.yaml file. Looks like you may have some indentation issues.

Configuration didn’t work for me, so here’s what I did that does work:

First I setup a home assistant image from scratch and do the onboarding with nothing else. Then I copy the stuff from /config/.storage and put that locally. Then use this docker image to test my integration (also esposing Art-Net ports).

FROM ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable

# HA
EXPOSE 8123:8123/tcp

# Art-Net
EXPOSE 6454:6454/udp

COPY staging/.storage /config/.storage

COPY staging/configuration.yaml /config/configuration.yaml

COPY custom_components /config/custom_components

And this works for quickly iterating my integration without having to worry about breaking HA sometimes.