Is this the perfect standalone tablet for HA?

As said in the previous post you’re running the stock recovery not the LOS15 one.
You should repeat the previous phase
That may explains the error you’re facing

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m glad I made an error. Explains why I couldn’t connect with Ubuntu either. Such a nice device for $30.

1 Like

I’ll add a screen shot to the guide to make it clearer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@janstadt couple of issues. Firstly I can’t seem to figure out how to install Google Play Store. I have Aurora Store installed from the 8.1 ROM but no obvious way to install Google Play Store.

I tried side loading the APK for Webview and it loaded, but still no luck. I also tried downloading Google Chrome from Aurora Store and that worked. Interestingly enough, if I load my home assistant URL in Google Chrome everything works as expected (which gives me a glimmer of hope). Now I just have to figure out why it doesn’t load correctly in Fully Kiosk or HA app. (still get the error that the custom-card doesn’t exist)

Hmmm. It sounds like you havent installed lineage 15 yet. That response was to a question about the newly release lineage install which would replace your android 8.1 rom completely. Follow @pgale 's installation instructions above and install the open gapps via recovery.

2 Likes
3 Likes

@janstadt apologies. I must have confused your reply to my original post (which I’ve quoted below). It seemed logical to me that what you mentioned about the web view APK being missing would explain why my dashboard wasn’t loading on the Lenovo, but worked everywhere else (other tablet and computer)

Success on the Lineage install from Windows and USB3.1. Its an older NUC with unused USB 2 headers, if that could make a difference. The USB cable that finally worked is " Celltronix MCX Titanium 6FT Fast Charging Tangle Free Heavy Duty USB Cable with Type-C Connector. Built to Last! Includes Sync+Charge & Aluminum Tips for Optimum Connectivity".

Perhaps it’s the sync + charge wiring that made it work? My other USB cables failed. On the NUC I was plugged into the orange charging connector, not the blue. Didn’t try the blue.

Is there any reason to update Webview if I’m 100% Fully Kiosk? I assume Fully embeds their own webview. Any tips on using Fully with Lineage?

Thanks

I found a newer Webview was a few seconds faster to load in some cases. So for that reason I update my devices.

1 Like

I can successfully edit OP, but when I include this link to @pgale’s lineageOS guide, discourse throws the 422 error, attempted from both Firefox and chrome :person_shrugging:

getting “failed signature verification” during ADB SIDELOAD with the provided images. USB cable works fine for initial QFIL flashing and flashing the recovery img.
In Lineage recovery, given the option to continue yes/no after verification failed. selecting yes errors out with error 7 after about 5 seconds.
Tried two diff usb cables.
Suggestions?

I got some 422’s editing some of my Blueprint posts yesterday. I was using firefox, switched to chrome and finished up without error. It’s just some cache problem. Clear your cache or try a different browser. If this doesn’t solve it for you you need to contact discourse for answers.

You are in test mode with driver signing disabled?

@pgale I think I just realized that after reading your Lineage instructions that I installed webview Version: 125.0.6422.148 not the one you recommended for your build. I wonder if that’s why I’m still having issues in my original mattmon 8.1 build with the custom-card error. Will try the newer one tonight as well.

test mode with signing disabled. the inital QFIL flash goes normally and boots as expected, its the ADB SIDELOAD that fails.
i’ll pull out an old linux laptop and see about trying it that way at some poine this week when work isnt crazy.

same result in linux.
fails to verify image, asks if i want to proceed yes/no, and after selecting yes, errors our in about 5 seconds with:
E1001: Failed to update system image, error in /sideload/package.zip (status 7)

flashing with EDL works fine, its just updating via the lineage recovery that fails. open to any suggestions?

EDIT:::SOLVED!!!
downloaded clean copy of system image with gdown utility.:

pip install gdown
gdown 1m34JjwxukdH8Y5WEUCZuPSiyrQHrI6ke

still got error about /system not existing, so wiped data/cache in Lineage recovery, and then wiped system too.

flash ran smoothly at that point. i guess the 2 other attempts i made to download the image zip file didnt get it correctly? or saved it wrong? i had downloaded in chrome on windows and then SCP transferred it to a headless linux laptop, so maybe the transfer failed? no idea.

Great you got it working. So do you think it was a corrupt download?

it would have to be? i downloaded it twice on windows in chrome. failed to flash on the machine that it downlaoded on, and on another computer that i used a USB stick to transfer the files to (airgapped test machine). also failed on linux laptop when i used SCP to transfer to files from windows to linux laptop.

ONLY worked when downloads were done directly on linux laptop. all file sizes were exactly the same, so its not like it truncated bytes off the tail end of the download.

only thing i had to do extra was format /system from inside LineageOS recovery, because the flash failed otherwise.

1 Like

@pgale Got Lineage loaded up on a new TSV so I will test this out tomorrow with HA and see if this resolves my custom-card loading issue. Thanks for the simple write up!

Quick question… is there any way to force Fully Kiosk to automatically launch if there’s a power failure and the device shuts down?

@pgale with lineagos do u have any issues with ipmic not working? I have everything set up following @dinki tutorial for viewassist (specifically streamassist and ipmic) but im not getting wake word or voice working on the thinksmart. I am using wallpanel as well btw. Might have to just bite the bullet and pay for FK if it works better than wallpanel for my use cases.