Is this the perfect standalone tablet for HA?

Can’t help with installing the play store, but what are you wanting it for that you can’t get through the Aurora store?

1 Like

Not possible on this rom for a variety of reasons.

1 Like

I just wanted to thank everyone who has been working on this. I have four of the ThinkViews up and running in my house, each with a custom display. This is the display in my office. I’m using Fully Kiosk Browser and the WallPanel extension for a screensaver. The normal display just shows the weather and a calendar, but with the 3D printer is running, it switches to show the video of what is being printed along with the printer progress.

10 Likes

I just flashed a second device using the same ROM and it appears the Wi-Fi MAC address is the same on both devices which if obviously causing Wi-Fi issues. Is there a method to change the Wi-Fi MAC to something unique on my network? I found a few threads on how to change it with Busybox using the terminal, but all methods failed. Anyone have any insight?

Nice approach. How do you switch on and off the printing video? I would like to achieve the same for camera movement alerts if this is possible. Thanks

You can try this:

adb root
adb pull /vendor/firmware/wlan/qca_cld/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini
edit the file (change the value for Intf0MacAddress) and save
adb remount
adb push WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini /vendor/firmware/wlan/qca_cld/
adb reboot

4 Likes

I’m using the Custom Layout Card from HACs. You can specify named areas of the grid.

grid-template-columns: 45% 45% 10%
grid-template-rows: 410px auto
grid-template-areas: |
  "main1 main2 main3"
  "stat1 stat2 stat3"

I then use the Conditional Card to select between the cards that I want. In my case, I’m using the printer stage entity from the BambuLab printer integration. I use two cards for each location, one is enabled when the printer is idle, the other when the printer is not idle.

For example, for the left hand location that I labeled as “main1”, I select between a weather card and the video from the printer. I have this:

type: conditional
conditions:
  - condition: state
    entity: sensor.p1s_current_stage
    state: idle
card:
  type: custom:clock-weather-card
  entity: weather.home
  temperature_sensor: sensor.weather_temp
  view_layout:
    grid-area: main1
type: conditional
conditions:
  - condition: state
    entity: sensor.p1s_current_stage
    state_not: idle
card:
  type: picture
  image: https://demo.home-assistant.io/stub_config/t-shirt-promo.png
  image_entity: image.p1s_camera
  view_layout:
    grid-area: main1
1 Like

Very cool… Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply and the clear instructions, it worked perfectly. For anyone else having this issue, I did have to wipe the cache partition as the system seemed to crash back to the Lenovo logo after boot.

To wipe the cache partition: press and hold the Vol+ button while powering on. to move the menu selector, use the Vol+ button and then the Vol- to select “Wipe cache partition”, then reboot.

1 Like

hm never heard of aurora store. how do i get it installed? im looking to install squeezelite player from google playstore.
I’ll check out the aurora store

It came pre-installed on the original ROM. I couldn’t get Squeezeplayer to work because of the Play Store not being on it, but I’m using SB Player without any issues.

1 Like

I don’t recommend squeeze player, if that’s what you both mean.

Termux with squeezelite is prefereble. Termux’s apk can be downloaded from fdroid, and then in termux type apt install squeezelite then you can just run squeezelite from the termux commandline.

To create a widget to start squeezelite with termux:widget

Squeeze Player has a long term bug where it increases volume at the end of each track. Very annoying.

1 Like

I did, sorry. I was growing frustrated the other day and missed correcting that sentence when proofreading before posting.

In the end I started from scratch with the Linux instructions in the OP and followed them to the letter up until the Factory Reset step. I cleared the cache from the same menu before and after performing the factory reset and I now have a working device! It is highly likely only one - if either - cache clear was necessary, but I wanted to be sure.

Eventually I’ll need to set up a dedicated dashboard, but for now this is working great!

Having trouble getting mine up and running. I can flash it fine, but I previously ran the XDA firmware and i think that’s messed things up?
I can’t get it to boot, after the animation it goes blank.

I have tried restoring the teams image but it says it failed to enter emergency download mode…

ah ok, will check it out. so instead of from fdroid or playstore, i should give termux a go

Unfortunately my config is split across several YAML files and the custom:button_card template, so it isn’t easy to share. I can share the config for any specific components you are interested in if you like.

Here are the relevant custom repositories:
Sidebar, Buttons, Tabs, Layout

kiosk-mode to hide HA toolbars

Playlist covers were created manually via custom:button_card and the auto-entities card populating them from a Jinja macros.

2 Likes

As of this morning, Virtualsoftkeys has stopped working on one of my ThinkViews. I cannot pull up the navigation bar anymore. I’ve tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but it isn’t displaying anymore. On reinstall, it went through the configuration again and had me make sure it had permissions, but then the navigation bar have never returned.

I’ve also starting having problems with the keyboard coming up. Sometimes it works (in Fully Kiosk Brower’s settings) and other times it does not come up at all (Aurora Store’s search box).

Any suggestions, or should I resort to trying to reflash the device? I’ve rebooted and cleared the cache, but that has not helped.

I had a similar issue after several days with both the virtual soft keys and keyboard when running Fully Kiosk on this device. Both started working again after I temporarily turned off Launch On Boot in the Fully Kiosk settings and rebooted.

2 Likes

Thank you. That seems to have fixed the problem.

2 Likes

I’ve tried using termux + squeezelite, but without success. When I start squeezelite, I get:

[09:50:30.761895] process:532 unhandled vers

The device shows up in Music Assistant as a squeezeplay device, but it will not play anything.