Is this the perfect standalone tablet for HA?

Great looking dashboards! Quite the army of cleaning robots, haha.

I’ve been following pmos development more so than android.

Maybe @endlessvoid can update us on what’s been happening with the gsi over on discord.

Has anyone had wifi disconnects on the ROM from the first post? It seems to lose it’s wifi connection and only come back after a reboot.
This happens about every 4 days

Have not heard of this or experienced it myself, though my first course of action in troubleshooting would be to look at the network, possibly constrain the the tablet to a particular AP or band.

If that doesn’t resolve things, I’d flash one of the roms from xda, then reflash this one on top of it. (To ensure all the partitions on your device which aren’t touched by kingston-ha-rom are correct)

I’ll give that a shot, thank you!

Yep. I’ve had it happen a couple of times myself over two devices.

edit: I mentioned it over here when it happened. Lenovo ThinkSmart View ROM/OS Development - #50 by flyize

Where is this ROM posted?

Hmm okay thank you that’s good to hear that it’s not just me. @mattmon which ROM should I flash from XDA first? Would it be the Kingston userdebug or the 201006.099 teams and others firmware?
Thank you!

That looks really nice. Care to share your config just from a pick it apart and see how you’ve done it point of view? What card mods or extras did you use? Thanks.

Mattmon, care to share the CSS modifications you’ve done to make Bubble card work? I know it’s not gonna be pretty, but I just want a starting point for not having it be way to wide on my vertical display.

https://s3.us-east-1.wasabisys.com/filestash-buk/lenovo-thinksmart-view/combined_kingston_a11_gogapps.7z

I’m using:
card mod, layout card, stack card, swipe, grid card, kiosk mode and a bunch of CSS for sizing and transparency. Most of the cards are mushroom cards. The config is too big to post, below is a link to the files. 1st is the for clock which is a custom sensor. 2nd is the full backup of the yaml for the dashboard.
Filebin | scmgqvj2iczynwhc

1 Like

Thanks very much - really appreciated :grin:

Anyone have any ideas on h.264 playback in HA and/or media player ideas?

I did it with scaling and margin. Though I’m confident this is a foolish way to go about it.

Highly suggest asking in the Bubble card thread for suggestions on how to properly implement.

Any of them.

kingston-ha-rom is not a complete dump, it’s only what I changed.

The roms posted by @deadman96385 on xda are complete dumps.

My thought is to bring your unit to a “known good” state, before flashing the custom rom.

You can still use edl to flash the xda roms, substitute rawprogram_unsparse.xml and the img files from within the archive in your edl command.

If anyone is looking for a smooth dashboard option on this it might be worth looking at HA Fusion GitHub - matt8707/ha-fusion: A modern, easy-to-use and performant custom Home Assistant dashboard

It isn’t lovelace based so runs a lot smoother on lighter hardware. It also is very easy to put a nice looking dashboard together due to the drag and drop capability. It’s still an early project but I already use it as a daily driver on my wall tablets and it works great.

2 Likes

No software news from discord, deadman hasn’t chimed with any updates in a while, must’ve gotten busy with other things.

Just trying it - it has huge potential and is really easy to edit. Good stuff.

Thank you for letting me know!

I flashed Kingston userdebug yesterday and then flashed your ROM right after but I am still observing WiFi disconnects that only gets solved by a restart.

When this state occurs, going to the wifi settings shows no discovered networks. Toggling the wifi on and off also has no effect.

That is what I saw as well. However, I have only had the issue a couple of times.

I’m not great with any of this, but I think I followed your instructions properly. When I try to run the command from the first post in git bash I get an error that python can’t find the ‘main’ module. I’m 99% sure this is user error, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!