Is this the perfect standalone tablet for HA?

Any links to A10?

1 Like

@tylas13 can you confirm that you have the following folders in your main edl folder?

Hi @staceydodds thanks, I just checked and confirmed I have all Library files.

Doing a bit more poking with Warp it looks like it doesnā€™t like that capstone reports at x86_64 even though it should be built to use all 5 architectures.

file /opt/miniconda3/lib/python3.12/site-packages/capstone/lib/libcapstone.dylib
/opt/miniconda3/lib/python3.12/site-packages/capstone/lib/libcapstone.dylib: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64

I am not positive if this is a false positive and there isnā€™t another setting I am missing though.

Hi @tylas13 unfortunately you are in foreign territory for me. I have an M1 MacBook Pro, but at home I am using my older Touch Bar i9 MacBook Pro so itā€™s intel based. Iā€™ve not had to do this on the newer ARM architecture.

That must be the issue then, getting the environment ready on ARM is difficult at best. If I figure it out Iā€™ll post a work through on this feed, but I may just go to a friendā€™s house and work it up through Linux. Thanks everyone for the help.

1 Like

system-quack-arm-aonly-gapps.img.xz

It must be flashed via fastboot. First flash a stock package that allows u to unlock the bootloader the unlock it from fastboot. Then flash the android 11 package then flash the image from fastboot then relock the bootloader

^copied verbatim from the discord channel, I havenā€™t verified it it works

2 Likes

I made a couple videos for folks who may want to use the Thinksmart with my View Assist project. The videos are far from polished but may help some who have never flashed a device. Sharing here if there is interest:

Note in the first video I downloaded/extracted the wrong ROM. I corrected the link in the description and discuss that correction in the beginning of the second video

9 Likes

Can you use any voice assistant - Iā€™ve been playing with the Open AI extended project and itā€™s promising although does give incorrect t info at times.

Iā€™m trying to get to a point where I can unlock the bootloader using fastboot but no matter what ROM I flash, it doesnā€™t allow me to unlock. What do I need to actually do to enable fastboot to unlock?

Iā€™m using fastboot oem unlock-go
gives an oem unlock is not allowed error

Thanks.

This works with Assist so if you are tied in there you should be good. The project supports both satellites with video and audio only. Still working through documenting and these videos are part of that.

OK thanks - Iā€™m still stuck on this device with freezing on the boot logo, no matter what Iā€™ve done and installed various images first and then the A11. Iā€™m totally at a loss now. I had another device install OK but this one isnā€™t playing ball.

Is there a solution to the A11 crash to Lenovo screen on boot when wifi is enabled? Maybe I should write an automate/tasker type routine to disable wifi on start up and wait ten or so seconds and enable? Just not sure it would be fast enough to work unless thereā€™s a way to set wifi always off on boot in the settings?

THIS is probably the last remaining thing on the list to fix for the device to be close to perfect.

I recall that @FelixKa found it to be a driver issue with the later gsi firmware(s) and @Endlessvoid mentioned to try with Android 10.

Not sure if the thinksmart fixes that @deadman96385 applied to the a11 gsi have been backported to a10.

Thanks for the info. I think Iā€™m in too deep with A11 to try anything new at this time.

I was going to try A10 but this bloody device just wonā€™t boot.

Flash one of the roms in @deadman96385ā€™s xda thread.

They are complete dumps. Kingston-ha-rom is not.

Iā€™ve done that about 8 times now - all kinds of images from the debug and through the various versions. Something odd is going on.

Is the bootloader still unlocked? If so, it wonā€™t boot anything.

There are two conditions enforced on boot:

1. That the boot image is signedā€¦ with any key
  2. That the bootloader is in a locked state

Yeah, the conditions are kinda self defeating, but thatā€™s the security theatre that Lenovo gave us :wink:

1 Like

Itā€™s locked.

I was trying to unlock it to follow some instructions to install A10 the other day and nothing I did was able to unlock it.

I was doing this from fastboot. It saw the device and said it was already locked when I used the lock command and said it was unable to unlock when I tried to unlock it. What is it specifically that allows unlocking? I also tried this with multiple different ROMs flashed

Hey pgale - wanted to let you know I ran into the same issue today. Running macOS on a M1 air. Flashed multiple times/Images and still got stuck on the HA screen. I ended up trying a few different USB C to USB A adapters, and finally one flash worked. I was able to successfully flash with a different adapter following the guide.

1 Like