Is this the perfect standalone tablet for HA?

@mattmon and others - you might be interested to hear that Deadman has just posted the image files for Lineage 15.1 stable on Discord. I’m just trying the install out now :slight_smile:

Oooooh, link?

2 Likes

I’m trying to install the images using edl qfil on Linux rather than windows - anyone know if I can flash the recovery.img file using fastboot or otherwise and what the commands would be? fastboot says partition flashing isn’t allowed - I guess it’s locked.

Just a follow up on the Lenovo boot loop/hang. I can confirm that in my case removing autoconnect from Wifi solve the issue.
In my router logs I found these lines:

Sat Jun  1 18:27:28 2024 daemon.info hostapd: phy2-ap0: STA 00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX IEEE 802.11: disconnected due to excessive missing ACKs
Sat Jun  1 18:27:58 2024 daemon.info hostapd: phy2-ap0: STA 00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)

It seems that at first boot with autoconnect the “thing”, as I call it, just hangs and doesn’t complete the handshake. I’ll try to search in the Android logs…

Rebooting a couple of times is usually necessary to get a full boot. I’m thinking of putting a smart relay on that plug and automate the reboot…

Got it running Lineage 15.1 from deadman. Now got to install google App Store and fully kiosk

4 Likes

Any performance gains over A11? Both 8 and 11 had delays on my devices. Hoping that lineage is more performant.

1 Like

Only just installing opengapps so not tested yet

1 Like

Finished installing Fully Kiosk - the dashboard I’m using is definitely a bit faster/more responsive.
I’m using the default webview and haven’t installed another yet.
In Fully Kiosk, with A11, I get a flickering menu panel (on the left) - Lineage is steady and doesn’t show this problem.
I CAN ENABLE WIFI AND FULLY KIOSK AS THE LAUNCHER - no more crashes to the lenovo logo!!! I thought this worth shouting!
Audio works through Fully Kiosk in Music Assistant
Audio and video work well in browser YouTube - no issues like 8.1
Microphone seems to work too.

Definitely very happy so far. Best out of all the ROMS/OS’s

10 Likes

If i already have A11 loaded on my devides, is there any shortcuts to install the new 15 or do i gotta do the whole EDL show and dance again?

Thanks for reporting back, @pgale! Is it possible to flash this using a single ‘edl qfil’ command akin to @mattmon’s installation instructions for the GSI in the original post at the top of this thread? Any suggestions on how to translate the Discord instructions to be similar to the ones here?

1 Like

To be clear, lineage 15 is based on Android 8, so you may find it works similarly in some ways to the original ROM in the top post where app compatibility is concerned.

1 Like

I’m guessing the Lineage install needs 8.1 (user debug) installed and sits on top of it, replacing key components. At least that’s my guess. The instructions do say to install 8.1 first which is what I did.

If you have a working windows or Linux machine with edl/ qfil setup and working, the flash procedure is quite quick and simple. Once I found the right command line commands for my Debian flashing process, the whole thing took 5 minutes. So it’s actually a little easier and quicker than the 8.1 ROM in this thread I think.

1 Like

Oh interesting. Its been so long since i’ve had a device running lineage i just assumed it was newer. If it runs better than A11 i guess the base version doesnt matter much.

1 Like

So if you already have 8.1 user debug (from first post here), do you just factory reset from recovery and then sideload lineage zip via adb?

Deadman is writing up the instructions and putting it on GitHub possibly later today.

I just asked him and there are only a few things needed before the lineage flash

Only that you have the userdebug emmc_appsboot installed

These are the top level steps needed (from edl command line or via doing it on the windows QFIL app

Discord_dtkKQKxX7f

3 Likes

Gave up on running it as a VM and dual booted the laptop and was able to patch the device first time.

2 Likes

As of today (June 4th 2024) WOOT has these on sale right now for $27.99. It’s already cheap, but that’s a heck of a deal!

Lenovo ThinkSmart View for Teams

Shipping is $6 unless you have Prime. Amazon did offer these for $28 with free shipping about two weeks ago. I suspect they’ll hit that price again soon. I’ll grab another once it’s under $30 with shipping.

Yes that’s true. I got mine for $30.65 shipped, but you are correct, I have Amazon Prime.