Is this the perfect standalone tablet for HA?

Does this tablet on lineageOS support multiple apps having access to the mic?

Thanks for this deal, I have just bought one 55eu+15eu shipping.

Iā€™m looking to buy another charges for the TSV. Does anyone happen to have an amazon/aliexpress link for a charger?

1 Like

Would also be interested. The adapters are huge for these devices which make them less useful on a kitchen counter. Looks bad imho.

And Ā£25 to the UK but itā€™s still cheaper than the ones Iā€™ve found on ebay or amazon so I ordered one.

I use this USB-C to barrel adaptor: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07PHCXSLF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plug it into a USB-C charger and youā€™re good to go. The ones I received had a slightly different plug to the image, but they fit the TSV no problem.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good idea, just had a look on aliexpress - do we think this would work? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006965394211.html

3 Likes

Looks like it should, and it would be a neater solution. Nice find!

Will take a punt and order one and test it. Will be neater than the US adapters I currently have.

2 Likes

Can you let us know how you get on - would be interested in possibly replacing a couple of mine. Ta.

2 Likes

Can we talk a bit about Security concerns on the TSV? I followed pgaleā€™s guide to installing Lineage and all went well. I must admit I was a bit nervous about inputting my google login credentials to this device which is basically using a hacked OS.

Now Iā€™m getting some warnings popping up from time to time, like:

• Trust Security System - this build was signed with public keys
  • Trust Security System - SELinux is not enforcing, your security has been weakened

Should we be concerned about the security holes in these devices? Any advice?

Thanks!

1 Like

Itā€™s a good question, but I am more confident about security (certainly for my personal data) in the Lineage Open Source project than I am many commercial vendors.

Itā€™s not a ā€˜hackedā€™ OS - maybe you can describe the device as hacked though. I have no issues trusting my devices but if worried, just create a new profile for the Google services specifically for them maybe?

I installed the lineageos 15.1, everything works surprisingly well using fully kiosk, but one annoying issue is the Home Assistant loading splash screen is the light mode / white background regardless of Home assistant theme or device theme.

From memory this has something to do with the webview version. I tried the canary version too but same result, just super noticeable when thereā€™s a refresh at night / using dark mode.

Does anyone know if itā€™s possible to change home assistantā€™s default loading screen to default to dark mode as a work around?

1 Like

sounds greatā€¦i need to take a look at the power needed as If I would POE this thing it would be amazingā€¦probably unlikely though