Is this wifi switch supported? ANKUOO / MS6126

it’s admin / admin. Default language is chinese, there is an English option to tick on top right hand side

I’m setting mine up now, will report back soon

Hi there, so my HASS.io was on 0.66.1 and I added the Ankuoo wifi switch to my wifi network using the iPhone app. Like you @xbmcnut the app can control it ok, but HASSio will not.

Config is:

- platform: rpi_gpio
    ports:
      17: Doorbell
  - platform: broadlink
    host: 192.168.xxx.xxx
    mac: 'ac:cf:23:8b:f7:a0'
    type: sp2
    friendly_name: 'Ankuoo_wifi_switch'

Then I updated to 0.68.1 but still no luck. I see the following errors in the info page

Not sure how to troubleshoot this…

Face it this simply might not be a boadlink compatible device. I can’t find it on Ankuoo’s web site, so I guess it is probably a generation old. That would not surprise me for Jaycar.

Try HA version 0.65
I have this switch and have had problems since 0.66.

They also change broadlink library recently so this may affect all versions.

0.68 was OK but still some minor issues. It did take about 15minutes for switches to work after 0.68 update.

@tmjpugh I thought you had a different Ankuoo switch (at least that’s what you said in post 2)

True, I forget it was different type

I built HA in Docker on Synology NAS and tried 0.65.0 and 0.65.5 without success.

Face it this device may just not work as a broadlink.

What ports are open on it?

@nickrout Wow! did a Fing scan and port 80 was open. Logged in with admin:admin and pow, got this! Even in English! Those ports and IP addresses look very Milight’ish?

That certainly looks interesting. I’ll leave you to experiment.

Beyond me I’m afraid. I’m a hardware guy. :slightly_frowning_face:

OK, you’re in CHCH (I think), I’ll buy one of your two and have a play. Be nice to catch up anyway.

I’m in Auckland. I’m happy to send you one of mine if you like. PM me.

I bought a couple of these wifi switches from Jaycar as well and there has since been a few updates to HA, has anyone had any luck getting them to work?

Any help would be great!
Cheers

I still have the one @xbmcnut kindly loaned me. I’m afraid it is still in the box. I will post when I have done some work on it. Cheers.

I’ve got the ms6126 and have successfully paired using the android app, connected to a unifi network.
Noting the inconsistencies between hass version and working switches, what firmware version is everyone running on the switch itself?

Navigating to the Rec app, under the Edit option of the particular switch,the ip and firmware version should be visible at the bottom of your screen.
I’m using the “default” 1.29

Once my computer is back from repair, I’ll go about adding the switches to hass via configurator and let you know how it goes.
I do know the other wifi mains plug from jaycar does work: MS6122 and MS6124.
however the power monitoring aspect of the MS6124 doesn’t work completely due to price per kWh input constraints

I have 21 of the Ankuoo MS-6126 installed in my house(purchased from Jaycar). 5 have been modified to remove the speaker, (as they beep for 90 seconds when they lose the Wi-Fi AP…normally at 2am in the morning)
I have them configured with the REC android app and have Alexa(x6) controlling them successfully. And via home assistant via the https://www.home-assistant.io/components/switch.command_line/ and the recorded UDP packet streams following this guy’s blog : http://blog.giuliomontagner.com/post/155085663708/trying-to-hack-ankuoo-rec-switch-and-make-it . I have also contacted the manufacturer to enquire about the encryption key, but have been told it is unique and not available.

I also have 5 Ankuoo MS6124 , which are via the Ankuoo Neo app and controllable via HomeAssistant as a broadlink device using MAC and IP address.

1 Like

If you use Node-Red create a function with a msg.payload = new Buffer([0x01,(recorded via wireshark for that switch)}); and sent it to a UDP port 18530 of the ankuoo switch IP address. easy!

I’ve successfully captured 3 packets per on and off transmission, as well as noticing some ‘keep-alive’ packets, but cannot use tcpreplay due to using the Wireshark ‘Promiscuous’ option adding extra flags to the exported packet.

All in all:
Wireshark on a device connected to the main wifi network
Phone connected to the main wifi network
Switch connected to the main wifi network

Capture Filter: ether src <phone MAC> and ether dst <switch MAC>
enable Monitor and Promiscuous checkboxes within Capture Filter.

can anyone recommend how to go about using these raw frames within hass?
I’ve tried all other modes and can’t see the packets sent from my phone to the switch unless its the raw frames.

I just echo the byte steam to nc(netcat) eg. ‘echo -n -e “\x01\x40\xac\blah blah blah” |nc -w1 -u IP address 18530’ in separate bash scripts as I couldn’t get it to work in the configuration.yaml file. Very clunky… but works… The switch sends a status update packet to *.255:18530 after a state change.