ISP blocks 443 - Any workaround for GoDaddy/Nginx

Hi All, long time listener first time caller. My ISP has for some reason forbade me from forwarding port 443 to my Hassio instance, running on a RPI 4.

I have a GoDaddy domain which, up until last week, forwarded to my public IP, which then forwarded to Nginx hosted on the same RPI, then onto my Hassio instance.

Since the 443 forward disappeared the last time my ISP router power cycled and updated I can access the Hassio instance through my public IP (I know I shouldn’t expose 8123 but I’m desperate) but can’t reach it through the GoDaddy domain https://username house.com. I do get a load screen but I’m pretty sure this is cached on browsers and doesn’t occur on other browsers or incognito.

I’ve looked around at changes to Nginx proxy Configs, Hassio Nginx add-on config, my ISP router and a little on GoDaddy but no joy. I had set all this up a few years back with the help of great community posts so I’m pretty clueless on anything networking related.

Question is is there an easy fix here I’m missing, I kinda don’t know where to even start.

Sorry for the rambling, any suggestions would be very welcome.

I’ve just replied to another post with the exact same suggestion.

Have you tried CloudFlare tunnel? It’s a great option if you have control of your domain’s DNS.

Cloudflared Add-On

It’s a great option for you because you wouldn’t have to open any ports. CloudFlare will setup the DNS for you and tunnel it to your application. All you need to do is get your domain on their DNS servers, setup the tunnel and install the add-on with your token.

SSL and access config comes free.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this, this does exactly what I need and it was a breeze to set up! Once the DNS nameservers updated this morning all my webhooks were back working! Really appreciate it @samuelthng :+1:

1 Like

Glad it helped!, enjoy your tunneled Home Assistant! :tada:

1 Like