Issue with Device Tracker iOS app not updating? (always home or away)

Exactly the same for me. I also have a new _2 and the location is not updating. My wife has no _2 but her location is also not updating. Both stopped to work at the same time (3 days ago)

The same for me. The location has not been updating for two or three weeks. I know Android users who have the same problem.

the same problem, also the charging state not update, removing one device and re add it will fix it, but another iOS phone get the same problem, so what is happening can anyone explain reopening the app will update all the states but after while return to the same problem

I had the same issue with my wife’s phone. I resolved it by now having both the Apple Icloud and Icloud3 Integrations and noticed that the issue was my wife’s Iphone entity in Icloud3. I deleted that device in Icloud3 and kept it in Apple Icloud. That did the job.

Same issue here. Is there a fix at the next time?

Greets

1 Like

I believe I have figured out the _2 thing as it happened to me and my iphone 10 was not updating its geo code location.

I was using my iphone as a personal hotspot when I was away and I believe what happened is that when I turned on the personal hotspot, it connected to the cell provider in the area. The HA mobile app on my iphone then communicated with HA and set that geo location. I noticed that after the recent HA core update, that MAPS was moved in my sidebar. I clicked on it and noted my iphone was still showing as where I was weeks earlier and that there were two iphones showing and one with an _2. I Tried to delete the duplicate which it did but that did not solve my problem.

To make a long story short, I finally noticed that I had left my personal hotspot setting to ON on my iphone. I turned the personal hotspot off and almost instantly my location updated to where I was ( home ).

So, if you see an _2 iphone device added and you had been using a personal hotspot and forgot to disable your personal hotspot (left it as “on” under settings/personal hotspot) try disabling the personal hotspot and see if your location starts updating again.

My theory is that the personal hotspot setting must be interfering with the location setting within the HA mobile app.

I know that when I do travel that I turn on my personal hotspot so that everyone in the car can surf while we are driving somewhere. I often forget to turn it off when we arrive or when I get back home.

Let’s see if anyone can confirm this!