Issue with Hassio addon audio after upgrade to 106.4/5

Hi all,

Recently, I’ve found that audio in hassio addon stopped working

I tried to reproduce the error from addon docker container:
sudo docker exec 4643174437f4 arecord -d 5 -r 16000 /tmp/test.wav

I guarantee it was working several weeks ago… but now I have

ALSA lib dlmisc.c:254:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
arecord: main:788: audio open error: No such device or address

Also in addon settings I have Default devices now… but it was ALSA before

Could anyone help me? I have no Idea of what to check and see no errors in hassio logs :pensive:

The screenshot of what I had before upgrade:

2 Likes

Same Problem. I guess the newest supervisor (209) is causing this.

What's Changed

Fix Issue with pulse folder (#1573) @pvizeli
    Enforce Pulse client (#1572) @pvizeli
    Bump packaging from 20.1 to 20.3 (#1570) @dependabot-preview

But have no idea how to fix this :slight_smile:

Same here, Snips addon 6.1 is affected, here are the lines that show the same error:

INFO:snips_audio_alsa::capture: Starting ALSA capture on device “default”
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:254:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
ERROR:snips_audio_server : an error occured in the audio pipeline: Error(“snd_pcm_open”, Sys(ENXIO))
→ caused by: ALSA function ‘snd_pcm_open’ failed with error 'ENXIO: No such device or address
1583613549: Socket error on client snips-audio-server|86-core-snips-1, disconnecting.
2020-03-07 22:39:09,458 INFO exited: snips-audio-server (exit status 1; not expected)

and these lines repeats 2 more times (for NLU and for ASR sections).
I also noticed the name changing for my input and output devices, especially the output, is totally different: from “BCM2835 ALSA 0 bla, bla” to this:
Capture
The LED on the USB soundcard is not blinking anymore, it stays on.
My setup is Hassio on RPI 3B+, C-MEDIA USB soundcard for the microphone, audio output is the integrated RPi audio jack output.
I also have the Mopidy addon installed on Hassio, it was not affected, the new Built-in Audio Digital Stereo (IEC958) for output works properly.
Analyzing the Snips logs, precisely this line:

Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so

I verified, using SSH,

/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/alsa-lib/

location but is doesn’t exist. There is still one folder

/usr/lib/alsa-lib/

that contains the file libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so. So I created the required directory, copied the .so file but no success.
I hope somebody can figure it out why this issue, my son is somehow attached with Snips, he is his favourite pal in executing different automation jobs in our home :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have a Reseapker 4-mic and having the same issue. Microphone is not working. Anyone know a fix yet?

Similar issue here with Shairport-sync, did anyone figure this one out?

I have the same issue. My USB mic is no longer available in the drop down list of hassio addons.
However the microphone is still listed as hardware, when I check in the Supervisor -> System -> Hardware.

Does anyone have a fix for this yet?

Temporary fix here

Is anyone able to fix this issue? I cannot use shairport-sync as well.