Issue with LOGOELE 10-channel AC Current Transmitter RS485 (Modbus)

Hello folks,

By any chance anyone of you have been able to integrate by Modbus this device (see link/picture below)?

On paper it is an amazing piece of hardware, as it is very compact and able to read up to 10 current loads (50A each) and allow to get them directly on Modbus.

Bad side is that I have not been able to make it work (I just get zeros), documentation is simply ridiculous and I had received no support at all from the supplier in order to get testing software or examples with common modbus scanner (e.g Modscan). I have tried different USB converters (FDTI, CH340E), communication seems okay (at least I do not get exceptions), but just got only zeros from the supposed Holding Registers.

Just to share, my plan is to add a proper RS485 energy meter on the main line (like the SDM230), get voltage, frequency, current, cosphi, etc… and then only collect from sub-loads amperes (oven, fridge, lights, washing machine, aircon, etc…).

Then once I have the value of voltage, cosphi and each currents, I can easily calculate the energy consumption for each loads without the need of installing a lot of expensive energy meters (e.g. SDM120) for each loads or get data from unreliable WiFi smart socketes that they could even unwantedly switch off my loads (e.g. Sonoff POW or Shelly).

Of course, I know I could have used the OpenEnergyMonitor, but the Logoele has far more channels, it is a cost saver, it is tidier inside the main panel as it has a minimal footprint (I want to fit on a din rail).

LOGOELE 10-channel AC Current Transmitter 485 Output Sensor Full-range Real-time Acquisition
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vB3k1l

If you have any hints, please share, it will be very appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello,
Did you able to install it?