Issue with Ring 2FA

OK so the _live or _event tags don’t go in the camera set-up.

OK thanks for your patience. I have my camera entities like yours and they are working. The only odd behavior is they cycle through being idle to then unavailable and then idle and then unavailable every few minutes or perhaps when accessed.

With this set-up how do I set up to show the last motion detected video? I have cards on my dashboard like this now:
example2

I can click on it and a video plays but would prefer it to be at the video from the last motion detected.

I really appreciate your assistance. Thank you!

So the video’s seem ok on my dashboard (I think) but they are connected to live views. How do I configure it for the last video on from motion?

i use a markdown card for that.

type: markdown
content: >

[the front door]({{ state_attr('select.once_awesome_purple_door_event_select',
  'recordingUrl') }})

i believe you can wrap the mp4 file as camera and have it play in a popup using go2rtc (GitHub - AlexxIT/go2rtc: Ultimate camera streaming application with support RTSP, RTMP, HTTP-FLV, WebRTC, MSE, HLS, MP4, MJPEG, HomeKit, FFmpeg, etc.) but i haven’t done that myself.

unfortunately i hadn’t found a simpler way to view url insitu as i’d otherwise like.

1 Like

I made a markdown card as you indicated. Changed the “once_awesome_purple_door_event” to my “Driveway” camera and I don’t get anything. Just a link to Driveway that when I click on it I get nothing.

When I was reading the facts they talked about setting up the camera twice for each camera. one with _event and one with _live. Your Stream code seems to link to the live feed. Do you have each camera set-up twice?

if yours is called driveway, you should be using select.driveway_event_select. not select.driveway_select the event part is important.

if that doesn’t work please grab the states of the select object and past a screen grab of it. this one you want to cut off part of the long url since that’s a secret key.

i don’t set up 2 camera. you are welcome to. the streaming from a file has been buggy.

1 Like

Yep I had the _event in there. I mistyped it in my reply. I did add a second camera for each with the _event tag and that seemed to help. The markdown card is now working fine with the links to replay the last event.

I think I am happy with things for now. Perhaps some more tweaking but it gives me what I want.

Thank you very much @armedad ! I sincerely appreciate your time and assistance. Learned a lot as well!

I will add that with both the Live and Event Cameras added separately it gives you the best of both worlds. This Picture Glance Card is nice by @tsightler:

type: picture-glance
entities:
  - entity: select.front_bedroom_side_event_select
  - entity: camera.front_bedroom_side_live
  - entity: binary_sensor.front_bedroom_side_motion
  - entity: light.front_bedroom_side_light
  - entity: switch.front_bedroom_side_event_stream
  - entity: switch.front_bedroom_side_stream
camera_image: camera.front_bedroom_side_event
title: Front Bedroom Side

Full link here: Ring Device integration via MQTT w/ Video Streaming - #831 by tsightler

I have this set up and can get a live view and the motion view all from one card. Can contol the light, see motion, etc.

awesome! glad you’ve got it all working!

next you can make the live view pop up automatically when someone rings the doorbell :smiley:

Another challenge! :slight_smile: