Issue with Sensative Strip showing correctly with Zwave-JS

I recently migrated from an RPI OS with HA installed in a venv to the Supervised RPI OS and install. Most everything came over well but for some reason I can’t get my Sensative strip to populate the correct entities. When I wake it up I see these errors in the zwave debug log

2021-10-13T19:57:38.787Z DRIVER « [Node 030] [REQ] [ApplicationCommand]
└─[NotificationCCReport]
notification type: Home Security
notification status: 255
notification event: Tampering, invalid code
2021-10-13T19:57:38.825Z SERIAL « 0x01100004101e0a7105000000ff0704000067 (18 bytes)
2021-10-13T19:57:38.829Z SERIAL » [ACK] (0x06)
2021-10-13T19:57:38.832Z DRIVER « [Node 030] [REQ] [ApplicationCommand]
└─[NotificationCCReport]
notification type: Home Security
notification status: 255
notification event: Tampering, invalid code

You didn’t say which entities are missing. For the specific notification in the log you’ve posted, there’s no entity for that, use the zwave_js_notification event.

Also, make sure the node is in the Ready state. Entities are not discovered or available until then.

to be 100% sure i’m not sure what’s missing at this point, the node doesn’t show any entities when I look at it. Believe these are the sensors that should show up

• sensor.sensative_strips_access_control
  • sensor.sensative_strips_burglar
  • sensor.sensative_strips_alarm_type
  • sensor.sensative_strips_alarm_level

I’ve tried re-interviewing the device and waking it but it doesn’t seem to be fully discovering it

The Ready state is “no”, which means the required metadata to create the functional entities is not available yet. The node needs to finish the interview so the Ready state is “yes”. As I recall, the Sensative Strips have a complicated procedure to wake them up. For example “move the magnet towards and away from the rounded edge. Repeat 3 times.”. Either you haven’t woken it up properly, or you need to do it more than once to allow the interview to finish.

Yeah I had woken it a few times but it wouldn’t pickup, ended up dismounting it and trying right next to my USB stick. That seems to have done the trick but the battery is showing 0% so it’s likely time to replace this one. Not sure if i’ll get another, has been pretty finicky the entire time I’ve had it. Battery life hasn’t lived up to expectations at all either.

Thanks for the help!