Issue with Sonoff Zigbee Dongle installation

I just purchased a Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus (ZBDongle-E)

Once plugged in the USB of my Raspberry PI 4 with the last version of HAOS (2023.5.2), the dongle appears in Settings / Devices integration as “Discovered”. But when I click on “Configure” I get a popup requiring to upload a Manual Backup :
“Restore your network settings from an uploaded backup JSON file. You can download one from a different ZHA installation from Network Settings , or use a Zigbee2MQTT coordinator_backup.json file.”

I have nothing to restore. How Can I bypass this popup ?

I eventually succeeded to install the Sonoff Zigbee dongle

To do so, I do NOT click on the Discovered Device. Instead I clicked on « + Add integration » at the bottom right.

Filtering on Zigbee I selected Zigbee device (or something like this) and not Sonoff Zigbee dongle. Then I selected the /dev/ttyACM0 (coresponding to the dongle) and then I followed the procedure with the possibility to create a new network instead to be asked only to upload an existing one…

At the end I have a new device « SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus V2 ». The « discovered one is still present but I removed it.

1 Like

Thanks for your comment; I had the same problem with unexpected message “Restore your network settings from an uploaded backup JSON file.” As a beginner, I had no idea what that means! HA needs to improve that. If they suggest an action, they should provide reference. I had no success following your method. But I installed the dongle with extension cable and had better results.

Admittedly I am a n00b to both HA and Zigbee but this is completely non-intuitive. Thankful I found this post.