Issue with Voice Assistant Not Triggering Automation on Sentence Command

Hello fellow Home Assistant enthusiasts,

I’ve been delving into the realm of automations within Home Assistant, particularly focusing on utilizing voice (or text) commands to trigger specific automations. Despite following the documentation and examples closely, I seem to have hit a roadblock with sentence triggers not being recognized or acted upon by the voice assistant. Below, you’ll find the YAML configuration of an automation I set up for testing purposes:

alias: Sentence Test
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: conversation
    command:
      - Taco
condition: []
action:
  - set_conversation_response: You got it girlfriend!
  - service: notify.mobile_app_s24ultra
    metadata: {}
    data:
mode: single

The intention behind this automation is straightforward: when the word “Taco” is mentioned, the assistant should respond with “You got it, girlfriend!” and notify my phone via the app. Notifications work if I manually run the automation, but never if the trigger sentence is said. Despite several attempts and ensuring that the conversation integration is properly configured and enabled, the trigger does not seem to activate upon the command.

Here’s what I’ve checked so far:

• Conversation Integration: Verified that it’s enabled and operational. Even tried different Assistants.
  • Syntax and Spelling: Double-checked for any syntactical or spelling errors in the YAML.
  • Restart and Reload: Ensured that Home Assistant has been restarted after making changes to the automation configuration.

Despite these efforts, the voice assistant does not seem to utilize the sentence triggers as expected.

I’m reaching out to see if anyone has encountered a similar issue or could provide insights into what I might be doing wrong. Could there be a step or configuration I’ve overlooked? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and insights.