Issues getting Aeotec DSA22 Key Fob & Aeotec DSA03202 Minimote working

Ok so new to this so be kind :wink:

I’ve just got the following working:

• PI3 / Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5
  • Latest all-in-one installer used
  • Various z wave switches connected and able to manually turn them off via the web interface

Now - My main goal is to setup some remotes so I got the following:

1 x Aeotec DSA03202 Minimote
2 x Aeotec DSA22 Key Fob

All three remotes working in scene mode (changed via zensys-tools) and the following automation works for button 1 on all three remotes:

• alias: 4 Remote Key Fob 35 Button 1
    trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: zwave.scene_activated
    event_data:
    entity_id: aeotec_dsa22_key_fob_35
    scene_id: 1
    action:
    service: switch.toggle
    entity_id: switch.everspring_an157_plugin_appliance_module_switch_7

• alias: 5 Remote Key Fob 36 Button 1
    trigger:
    event_data:
    entity_id: aeotec_dsa22_key_fob_36
    action:

• alias: 6 Remote Minimote 37 Button 1
    trigger:
    event_data:
    entity_id: aeotec_dsa03202_minimote_37
    action:

The problem is that this stops working after I reboot the PI / restart HA and the only way to fix it is to re add the node via HA (add node, press “learn”, wait for flashing lights to stop) as doing this it then suddenly starts working.

Any ideas?

btw - if it helps I found this in the “zwcfg_0xd0c7cb19.xml” for these three remotes:

I’m not seeing the “Manufacturer id” or “Product type” or much more of the gubbins (technical term) that we usually see for other zwave items.

Any ideas?

UPDATE I’m also seeing the same behaviour in OSZWCP.

This is what its like after an add (or re-add with the same ID):

2016-09-29 20:06:58.051 Info, Node041, Received Scene Activation set from node 41: scene id=1 now. Sending event notification.
2016-09-29 20:06:58.052 Detail, Node041, Notification: SceneEvent
2016-09-29 20:06:58.052 Info, Notification: Scene Event Home d0c7cb19 Node 41 Genre basic Class NO OPERATION Instance 0 Index 0 Type bool Scene Id 1

and then restarting just the process it goes back to this:

2016-09-29 20:08:17.416 Detail, Node041, Received: 0x01, 0x0a, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x29, 0x04, 0x2b, 0x01, 0x01, 0x00, 0xf7
2016-09-29 20:08:17.416 Detail,
2016-09-29 20:08:17.416 Info, Node041, ApplicationCommandHandler - Unhandled Command Class 0x2b

Any ideas?

** UPDATE & RESOLVED - Kind of but maybe the scripted all in one installer needs to be changed …

So I did a complete reinstall on my PI3 following the notes in the all in one installer.

My zwave config is as follows:

zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
config_path: /srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.1-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/config

What’s interesting and the cause of the issue was that there is two xml files, here:

/home/hass/.homeassistant/zwcfg_0xd0c7cb19.xml

and

/srv/hass/src/open-zwave-control-panel/zwcfg_0xd0c7cb19.xml

I added the remotes (with the scene change) via OZWCP (also making sure to hit the “save” button to write the changes to the xml file!) and then making sure that the added Node ID with all it’s stuff gets copied over to the one used by HA.

I wonder if the scripted install should be changed so that they both share the same xml file ?

Thoughts ?

Hi,

I also have a Key Fob DSA22, which I’m having trouble getting to work. I think I’ve managed to set it into scene mode by setting parameter 250 to 1. However when buttons are pressed there is not action to be found in the OZW_log.txt in the dir of HA (/home/hass/.homeassistant).

Also when looking at the “Current Entities” in HA I can’t find the Key Fob.

Any advice on this @mark.carline?

1 Like

Hmm. Try readding it ?

I’ve tried to readd it through HA also when doing this making sure the Key Fob is awake by holding one of its’ buttons.Doesn’t seem to help though.

Where did you find the entity id used in the automation example above? E.g. aeotec_dsa22_key_fob_35

1 Like

I guessed based on the entries of the zwave XML file but I think there is a way you can enable logging and check.

Shame doesn’t HA doesn’t capture scene change events to a log file by default, maybe open a request?

Hi, first post there, migrating from Veralite (no more supported) to HA, very happy with that! Able to migrate almost everything and also new devices like SMA, Xiaomi Vacuum, set up SSL and DuckDNS, THANKS ALL PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS PROJECT!
Already integrated Minimote, with the provided info on HA documentation, happy with that!

Now I’ve associated my DSA22 remote, but still do not know how to run scene with it. I think I modified 250 option to 1, like I did with Minimote, but not sure how to trigger a scene.

This is what I did with my Minimote and it works:

#Aeon labs Minimote config buttons
#Button 1 Pressed
- id: '100000001'
  alias: Minimote Button 1 Pressed
  trigger:
    event_data:
      entity_id: zwave.aeon_labs_dsa03202_minimote
  action:
    service: cover.toggle
    entity_id: cover.fibfgrm222_chambreparents_storesud_level

Now I try to do the same with DSA22, anybody was successful in this? Thanks, Chris