Issues making Groups with a switch

I recently moved to HA from smarthings, and one thing I had was groups of lights in ST.
I am trying to create those here, I have tried using the groups.yaml even the lights.yaml (which is the closest to working I have) but I am getting yelled at cause I have a switch in the mix.

The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Invalid config for [light.group]: Entity ID 'switch.globes' does not belong to domain 'light' for dictionary value @ data['entities']. Got ['switch.globes', 'light.desk_lamp_level_light_color_on_off', 'light.tall_corner_lamp']. (See ?, line ?). 

I just started with 2 rooms in the lights.yaml like so.

- platform: group
  name: Kitchen Lights
  entities:
    - light.kitchen_sink_654a0c03_level_on_off
    - light.randy_d43b0c03_level_on_off
- platform: group
  name: Living Room Lights
  entities:
    - switch.globes
    - light.desk_lamp_level_light_color_on_off
    - light.tall_corner_lamp

What am I missing?
Is there a better way to group lights for HA?
I have multiple switches and other things I would like to use with groups.

Correct, because you have defined a Light Group which is exclusively for lights yet you included a switch. A Light Group creates a virtual light that lets you control the state, brightness, color, etc of multiples lights.

There’s a completely different integration called a Group. You can define a Group containing lights and switches but you will only be able to control their state.

You can also convert your switch into a light using this:

That entity can then be added to your light group instead of the switch.

It will, of course, be limited to turning on/off because it’s still just a switch. I imagine if you set the light group to 50% brightness, the switch will simply be turned on. Nevertheless, that’s a bit more flexible than using a standard group.

I tried to use a group and I get the following

Invalid config for [group]: [kitchen] is an invalid option for [group]. Check: group->group->group->kitchen. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 7). 
group:
  kitchen:
    name: Kitchen Lights
    entities:
      - light.kitchen_sink_654a0c03_level_on_off
      - light.randy_d43b0c03_level_on_off
  living:
    name: Living Room Lights
    entities:
      - light.desk_lamp_level_light_color_on_off
      - light.tall_corner_lamp
      - switch.globes