Issues upgrading home assistant with supervisor

from the ubuntu terminal I did copy command recursive from my old ha to new ha folder.

I know you are helping me in a great way, but I have to say this, once in a while something happen to the HA instance or to my ubuntu setup or even the hardware, I have to go thru setup everything from scratch. I hate to do this, if HA has a nice backup and restore that would be awesome.

now I have to kinda to setup everything. my HomeKit, vera integration, harmony integration and other similar which are all in the automations, if when I re-do and the entity id changes, then I have to go clean up that too. the only help would be that I have the config.yaml and automations.yaml to know what I had.

Are you suggesting any other way for me to get back what I had in ha supervisor setup to this new instance.

thanks again for your support.

Also, I was trying to install HACS, even though I copied the folders that did not work.

See the UI, this is what I get and HACS does not setup properly.

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 6.51.06 PM

in the /config folder (in the root of the container) u should find all .yaml,integration,themes, well all your ha settings and integrations setttings ,entities, groups etc etc etc

yes, I see few yaml’s which I use to modify myself like configuration.yaml, automations.yaml, sensors.yaml. but there is no such file for integrations, do you know the file name?

/custom_components folder in /config

I think at this stage after fiddling all day, what I will do is start from scratch.

Setup a clean install, install HACS, add all the integrations, setup HomeKit.

The only things helpful is all the config files I can refer back to cut and paste to achieve what I need.

Yes, I copied that folder too.

first of all the item “HACS” on the left nav of HA UI is not there, I tried to install and that wouldn’t work either.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thanks for your help anyway.
I will let you know if run into any issues.

Hey, good news.

As one last try I thought I do this.
cleaned my new instance of HA, this time I actually deleted all the stopped docker containers of supervisor hass. setup a new HA instance, went thru intitial setup and made sure HA works.
when all is good, this is what I did.

• stopped the new ha instance
  • deleted the homeassistant folder of new instance completely
  • moved the homeassistant folder completed form old to the new location.
  • ran docker-compose again which started the new HA instance.
    oila :slight_smile: I got what I had first thing I were in this morning.

ah I am so relieved. seem to be all intact including the HomeKit.
checked the version of HA and it shows 2021.1.1

I can sleep well tonight. thanks a lot to you for taking time and supporting

good job!
yw

If you use a file setup for hassio in traefik you don’t have to. All my other containers have there traefik settings in the docker-compose yml. Only hassio has a traefik file setup.