Issues with Bluetooth device tracking after upgrade to 0.82

Hi

After upgrade to 0.82 I started having issues with Bluetooth (I use it for device tracking).

From time to time I get error:

2018-11-15 05:51:43 ERROR (SyncWorker_12) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker.bluetooth_tracker] Error looking up Bluetooth device
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bluetooth/bluez.py", line 31, in discover_devices
    lookup_class=lookup_class, device_id=device_id)
_bluetooth.error: (16, 'Device or resource busy')

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/bluetooth_tracker.py", line 93, in update_bluetooth_once
    for dev in discover_devices():
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/bluetooth_tracker.py", line 51, in discover_devices
    lookup_class=False)
  File "/config/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bluetooth/bluez.py", line 34, in discover_devices
    raise BluetoothError ("error communicating with local "

Hass is in docker container, USB bluetooth adapter is connected to the host.

During this “device busy” errors hass shows that all devices are Away and it is firing my automations for that (powering off air purifiers). A second later Hass marks devices as at Home and another set of automations is started (powering on purifiers). Last night it happened 5 times.

Also before 0.82 it was working correctly.

Any idea how to prevent it?

I’m seeing this too. Running hass.io on RPi2 with USB BT module.

I also have a very similar sounding issue, but I don’t get anything in the log.

I had my Home Assistant installation hosted on a RPi3b running hassbian and on version 0.80.3 and Bluetooth was 100% reliable.
I have now moved my Home Assistant installation to a NUC running Ubuntu and a manual installation of Home Assistant running on version 0.84.6 and with this setup every now and again Bluetooth just stops working and all Bluetooth devices change state to away which then fires automations at the wrong time.

I re-activated my RPi installation but with only Bluetooth configured and have run them side by side for a while and the RPi on the old version still has 100% perfect Bluetooth states whilst at the same time the NU installation on the latest version Bluetooth stops working randomly every now and again.

I thought it was a problem with the hardware, but sounds like maybe something has changed Bluetooth between version 0.80.3 and 0.82?

How can we take this further and try and find a fix for this?