Issues with Googlehome component BT tracking

Hi,

Using the Googlehome component, which seems to fare well, and doesn’t report any errors, the state won’t change in the frontend, while my devices do connect promptly using Bt, and the Googlehome confirms that with its bleeps.

Only thing I can see to proof the system is setup correctly, is the new device tracked notification.
Shouldn’t these device_trackers react immediately? or is a significant lag somehow to be expected, and didn’t I wait long enough (more than 10 minutes…whihc makes them users for presence tracking)

another thing I experience is that if the GH device isn’t powered on at HA start, it never is seen when powered on after HA start. GH devices should be ‘on’ at HA start to have them appear. I wonder if that could somehow be changed, but couldn’t find a setting to do so. don’t think the service homeassistant.update_entity had any succes.

Please have a look, thanks

for the record and completeness:

issue on GitHub: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/21315

Same scenario with a Pixel 2 XL and 1 Google Home Hub, 1 Google Home and 1 Google Home Mini.

HA sees the phone on initial pairing mode and is added to known_devices.yaml (3 entries, one pero each Google Home). Once pairing mode is disabled on the phone, The entities state are changed to not_home and is never updated afterwards unless pairing mode on the phone is enabled again.

I’ve been playing with the unofficial Google Home API. Seems like the issue comes from the Google Home device itself, as it displays the exact behavior we are seeing. Once the phone is no longer in pairing mode, Google Home stops seeing it.

Looks like the component won’t be able to be fixed at all.