Issues with mqtt sensor

i have a sensor that i created to look at topic that is showing a numeric value. the value is created in node red and sent via a mqtt node to my mosquito mqtt broker. I know that the broker can see this because when I use my mqtt explorer to listen to the topic the value shows up. I would like an extra set of eyes on this as this is my first sensor that I have set up this way. any insight is helpful.

i am runninng

Home Assistant 2023.2.5
Supervisor 2023.04.1
Operating System 9.5
Frontend 20230202.0 - latest

Mosquitto broker
Current version: 6.1.3

here is my config file entry for the sensor

mqtt:
sensor:
- name: ‘Master Bath Duepoint’
state_topic: “masterbath/duepoint”
unique_id: masterbath123

when i look for the topic “masterbath/duepoint” via my mqtt explorer i get the following

topic
masterbath/duepoint

value

So i know that the topic has a value and is up dated every second ( i have it set high just to test and verify working) but when look at the entity “sensor.master_bath_duepoint” it gives unknown info.

thanks for taking a look

R/

Please:

1. Format your code in your post properly: see here
  2. Paste in a screenshot of the topic including the value in MQTT Explorer
  3. Check that you only have one top-level mqtt: declaration in configuration.yaml
  4. Check you have set up the MQTT broker under Settings / Integrations

Also, if you’re talking humidity, the term is “dew point”: is this as simple as a mis-spelling at one end not matching the other?

MQTT Integration for me (running it in a separate container on my NAS) looks like this:

sorry about that here is my intgration

sorry about that just learned how to screen shot lol

R/

here is my mqtt explorer

here is my config file for the sensor

here is the entity

sorry for the multiple posts i would let me put them on one post

R/

Do your shellies work ?

yes

but i have not switched them over to mqtt because they are working through the shelly integration and as you can see I’m not confident in my mqtt abilities

when i listen to the topic via the mqtt integration i can see the data. i just can figure how to make the sensor see the data

here is a shot of the information i get on the entity

I can’t see anything wrong with what you’ve done. Anything in your logs?