Issues with multiple components since latest update

Hey everyone,

I’m running hassio on a rpi 3 and started having issues last night when I tried updating home assistant. Initially it wouldn’t start back up so I had to SSH into my pi and start it back up from there, then I started having a ton of issues pop up with components that weren’t causing me any trouble before yesterday. I’m not getting any errors when I check my config, but there’s a wall of errors in my log file (the errors since my last restart are posted below). I’ve also combed over my yaml files extensively and don’t see anything wrong. I guess I could try disabling my xbox and roku remote copmonents as it suggests in the logs, but prior to last night I wasn’t having any problems and my config hasn’t changed so I’m hesitant to do that. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

2018-09-21 21:44:29 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http] legacy_api_password support has been enabled. If you don’t require it, remove the ‘api_password’ from your http config.
2018-09-21 21:44:36 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder] Ended unfinished session (id= [REDACTED] from [REDACTED])
2018-09-21 21:44:37 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of recorder is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-09-21 21:44:39 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for media_player.xboxone which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2018-09-21 21:44:39 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for roku_remote which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2018-09-21 21:44:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue] Error connecting to the Hue bridge at [REDACTED]
2018-09-21 21:44:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue] Error connecting to the Hue bridge at [REDACTED]. Retrying in 2 seconds
2018-09-21 21:44:49 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_text is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-09-21 21:44:50 ERROR (MainThread) [pydeconz.utils] Timeout getting deCONZ data from [REDACTED]
2018-09-21 21:44:50 ERROR (MainThread) [pydeconz] Couldn’t load data from deCONZ
2018-09-21 21:44:51 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_select is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-09-21 21:45:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Timer got out of sync. Resetting
2018-09-21 21:45:12 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Future exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/waze_travel_time.py”, line 74, in
EVENT_HOMEASSISTANT_START, lambda _: sensor.update())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/waze_travel_time.py”, line 204, in update
routes = params.calc_all_routes_info(real_time=self._realtime)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/WazeRouteCalculator/WazeRouteCalculator.py”, line 145, in calc_all_routes_info
routes = self.get_route(npaths, time_delta)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/WazeRouteCalculator/WazeRouteCalculator.py”, line 95, in get_route
response_json = response.json()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/models.py”, line 896, in json
return complexjson.loads(self.text, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simplejson/init.py”, line 518, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py”, line 370, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py”, line 400, in raw_decode
return self.scan_once(s, idx=_w(s, idx).end())
simplejson.errors.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
2018-09-21 21:45:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Timer got out of sync. Resetting
2018-09-21 21:45:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/discovery.py”, line 168, in scan_devices
results = await hass.async_add_job(_discover, netdisco)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/discovery.py”, line 194, in _discover
netdisco.scan()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/netdisco/discovery.py”, line 57, in scan
self.ssdp.scan()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/netdisco/ssdp.py”, line 41, in scan
self.update()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/netdisco/ssdp.py”, line 89, in update
entry for entry in scan()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/netdisco/ssdp.py”, line 225, in scan
for addr in zeroconf.get_all_addresses():
TypeError: get_all_addresses() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘address_family’

From which version did you upgrade? What kind of installation are you running? Did you check the release notes/breaking changes?

By the way, there is really no need to remove local IP addresses from the log. They are local, nothing “dangerous” about posting them.

I’m getting lots of the Hue bridge ones too, and my custom component for the Hue sensors isn’t working properly.

I was actually going to investigate if my router was on the fritz, but if others are having this too it would suggest something else is awry.

Especially as the Hue app, and control via Alexa (which is independent of homeassistant in my case) are both working fine.

Have you had any changes in ports used or IP address?

Nope, nothing like that, just upgraded homeassistant. I only noticed because my lights didn’t come on when it got dark (which should be measured by the light level reading of the Hue sensors), so it could have been like that for a few days prior to me noticing and I haven’t looked at it yet, and there’s been about 4 updates to homeassistant since, so it might not be relevant any more.

Allright. Ping me if you notice any deCONZ issues.

Im having issues too, cant connect to my deCONZ pi. Was working fine until this morning. I even recreated the docker container but it just won’t connect. Pi-Hole sensor is also having issues, takes a long time to connect saying unavailable - just going to try rolling back to 0.78.2

0.78.2 wouldnt work but back to 0.77.3 and all ok

Can you enable debug and post the logs

Ok I will try tonight, didnt have time yesterday sorry

Hi, @Robban I posted a couple of items from my logs in the Deconz error after upgrading to 0.78 thread

1 Like