Issues with my zigbee(2mqtt) network

Hello,
I have a zigbee network composed by:

• A SONOFF ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus, TI CC2652P Coordinator
  • 14 routers (IKEA, ADEO (Leroy Merlin), LIDL, Sonoff: bulbs, plugs, switches)
  • 19 battery powered devices (doors, remotes, temperatures…)

(Actually, one bulb and two end devices are currently out of service or reset but still shown in zigbee2mqtt UI)

All the battery powered devices are connected via routers (except for one) according to the map… even if, according to the same map, some are floating unconnected…

In the last weeks I have started experiencing some issues:

• Some battery powered devices (mainly door sensors) do not report state changes. What is particularly weird (at least from my point of view) is that they tend to report the first state change (usually, the opening of the door) but do not report the next one (closing the door, some seconds or minutes later). When I discover the issue (a closed door that is shown as open), I have to open/close the door again a few times more to fix it. The affected device changes every day…

• Some IKEA remotes (only the E2001/E2002 model, I have other working smoothly) seem to fall asleep. Pushing any button results in nothing happening. Waiting some seconds usually looks to allow it to wake up and to take into account any next push…even if the delay between the first “wake-up” push and the real activation of the remote may vary from 5 seconds to…never !

The first issue is the most problematic…since for the second one I am going to change the type of remotes since it seems to be related to that specific type… even if they were working well and consistently for several months before this issue happened…

Yesterday I tried to activate the “availability” data for devices to see if something changes. I do not know if ‘pinging’ them could keep them more awake and connected… I also noticed that a device which is considered as open (but it is physically closed!) reported two messages this night (as far as I understand):

• The first one saying QoS: 0, Retained Payload: online
  • About one minute later the classic state report saying contact: true… But the state of the device remained contact=false both in zigbee2mqtt and in Home Assistant.

I am wondering what I should do to avoid these issues and make the network more stable/robust.

For information, I have a meshed wifi which optimize by itself (and for itself, so probably not caring the issues it could generate for other networks) the used channel. Currently it is on channel 9, while zigbee2mqtt is on channel 11 (default). I do not know whether I should do something on this side.

Or should I try to pair anything once again from scratch?

I am also wondering about the need of updating devices, especially the IKEA ones that report some OTA updates…which, by the way usually fails when I try to apply them (I am also wondering if the issues started after one of these ‘unsuccessful’ update trials…).

Thanks in advance for any advice/help!