Issues with Tuya integration on HA Green

Hi all,

A newbie here asking for some advice since i am completely stuck :slight_smile:
I started using Home assistant in January and bought the HA Green to drive my smart home.
Several of my light bulbs and outlets are paired via Tuya, which (after the initial painful set-up with developer accounts) have worked perfectly fine.

But now HA can’t seem to find any of my devices, even though the link to my Tuya account is still correct, and the devices can be seen in the developer platform.

I have alread gone through several threads in this forum to try resolve the issue, such as relinking my account, requesting a new license (still pedning) and so on.

When reading the HA page on the topic (Tuya - Home Assistant) it seems to prefer the new beta set-up using the direct app link (avoiding the developer account).
But when following this step by step tutorial (How to Install Smart Life Integration (Beta)-Tuya IoT Development Platform-Tuya Developer) it has a pre-requisite that HA is installed using Docker desktop, shich is not the case for me since i bought HA pre-installed in the HA Green.

Anyone else having the same issue? And any suggestion on how to fix this?

The Tuya integration does not require developers account now.
My understanding is when you start it off, the Tuya integration displays a QR code, which is the scanned by the app.
Have you got to this point, or is the error before that?

Do you mean in HA or in the Tuya IoT platform?
I scanned a QR code in Tuya IoT platform with my Tuya app on the smartphone, but this was in January when i linked my app to the developer account.

I have not seen another QR code anywhere since then

Don’t worry about the IoT platform.
I’m talking about using just the HA integration. Its changes not long ago.
Open the integration and it will display a QR code to scan with the app. Have you got to that point?

This may help
I watched over half but seems correct information.

No, i have not seen that at all.
I have tried recreating the integration in HA, but it stsill asks for me developer Tuya IoT platform credentials just as usual.
I updated my HA green a couple of days ago to see if the Tuya integration would update, but still it looks the same.

What is the name of the HA integration where you see the QR code?

Thanks! Had a look and it ask for the user code straight away in the video. But not the same for me. Will try to remove all integrations with Tuya and try from start. Will let you know if it works

1 Like

Noep, i removed the tuya integration and reset the HA, and it discovers the Tuya automatically but still i get the same request for credentials to the IoT platform :frowning:

Thanks @Roxy for the support!
I realized now that my system was not actually upgraded to the latest version, i must have done something wrong the other day.
Now that i have version 12.1 the Tuya integration asks for my user code instead! :slight_smile:

Issue solved!

great, no problem, can you mark it as solved. :+1: