Issues with USB(skyconnect) on VMware ESXi

How did you configure the USB device on the vm? I used to get a lot of errors in the console before I switched the 2.0 virtual controller a USB 3.0 controller on the vm it self.

im passing it through via pcie from my esxi host and using a usb 2.0 controller, also tried usb 3.x

Can you show a screenshot of the config?

What version of ESXI are you running?
I started running into issues somewhere around 6.8 with passing through usb audio and finally gave up and switched to Proxmox.

sure,

Conf:

im running esxi 8

I meant on the virtual machine in ESXi :slight_smile:

is there any easy way of dumping down the conf of the machine itself?

just take a screenshot.

sure:

Note: ive also added usb 2.0 and 3.0 usb controller, but didnt work :stuck_out_tongue:

What happens if you delete the PCI device 0, click OK to close the settings, re-open settings and try to add just an USB device (not a controller)? What hardware are you running on and how is the USB stick connected?

usb stick is connected to the host (dell powerdge 720) and if i remove it, i would remove the passthrough to the home assistant. And adding a usb device from host is not possible apperently.

I run on a Poweredge too and have never had the need of adding PCI devices to get USB passthrough. Could you try what I suggested? Your device should be available through this menu:

yo i did, i even turned it off and back on again.

do i have to disable the passthrough in esxi and then add usb from host? :S

What do you mean disable passrhrough in esxi? The screenshots I’ve shown is how you passrhrough usb to a vm. Can you show what you mean?

this part:

you got to enable passthrough for the usb. i mean it works for windows machines but not my HAos

Try clearing all that config and add it as a host usb device.

sadly still the same

Does it list under hardware in HA?

This is how I had configured my vm back when I used a USB stick.