Issues with Velux KLF200 since 2022.6.3

No problem to run my KLF 200 with 3 velux under HA 2022.10.5.
Is yr KLF200 running ok? I had a small problem with mine, dead…no light… a small workshop found 2 or 3 condensators out of order… they said it’s typical for this equipment…

No, until yet no hardware problem with my KLF200.

Today, did a major upgrade to Raspberry Pi 4 and:
Home Assistant 2022.12.8
Supervisor 2022.12.1
Operating System 9.4

Velux is running smoothly here.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: components/velux/init.py:84
First occurred: 10:03:20 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:03:20
Error during setup of component velux

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 257, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/velux/init.py”, line 39, in async_setup
await hass.data[DATA_VELUX].async_start()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/velux/init.py”, line 84, in async_start
await self.pyvlx.load_scenes()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py”, line 82, in load_scenes
await self.scenes.load()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/scenes.py”, line 51, in load
await get_scene_list.do_api_call()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/api/api_event.py”, line 21, in do_api_call
await self.send_frame()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/api/api_event.py”, line 33, in send_frame
await self.pyvlx.send_frame(self.request_frame())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py”, line 66, in send_frame
await self.connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py”, line 43, in connect
await self.connection.connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/connection.py”, line 86, in connect
self.transport, _ = await self.loop.create_connection(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 1103, in create_connection
transport, protocol = await self._create_connection_transport(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 1133, in _create_connection_transport
await waiter
ConnectionAbortedError: SSL handshake is taking longer than 60.0 seconds: aborting the connection

I have this problem, probably after udating HA. how can I downgrade ?

This is the problem with the KLF200 that has always existed, so I would be surprised that its an upgrade issue.

changed the IP, and changed to a fixed IP adres. now it is ok

so what is the solution ?

Unfortunately, there is no good solution that I know of. The work-around that many Velux users have done is to create an automation that sends a reboot message to the KLF when HA gets shutdown. This apparently helps but it is not a cure. The other work-around is to use a “smart switch” to power cycle the KLF remotely.

1 Like

Thanks for the work around. I’ll search for the code…

Here is a copy of the one I use:

alias: HA Shutdown
description: Reboot the KLF200 in order to minimize SSL Handshake issue
trigger:
  - platform: homeassistant
    event: shutdown
condition: []
action:
  - service: velux.reboot_gateway
    data: {}
mode: single
1 Like

he, did you solve this? I have a dead box too, and before ordering a new one hoping I can revive this one. any pointers are appreciated. thnx.

Hi, have you made any progress with your question yet? I would have the same problem.

1 Like

sorry for the delay
a local workshop repaired the box changing the condensator