Issues with Velux KLF200 since 2022.6.3

since my last update KLF200 is not working anymore. I checked the configuration on the gateway, IP, PW,… nothing changed, nothing seems to be wrong. Did a few reboot s of the gateway and HA, but it stoped working. See error below.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: components/velux/init.py:84
First occurred: 11:18:49 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:18:49
‘’’
Error during setup of component velux
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 235, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/velux/init.py”, line 39, in async_setup
await hass.data[DATA_VELUX].async_start()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/velux/init.py”, line 84, in async_start
await self.pyvlx.load_scenes()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py”, line 80, in load_scenes
await self.scenes.load()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/scenes.py”, line 51, in load
await get_scene_list.do_api_call()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/api/api_event.py”, line 21, in do_api_call
await self.send_frame()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/api/api_event.py”, line 33, in send_frame
await self.pyvlx.send_frame(self.request_frame())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py”, line 66, in send_frame
await self.connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py”, line 43, in connect
await self.connection.connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/connection.py”, line 87, in connect
self.transport, _ = await self.loop.create_connection(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 1090, in create_connection
transport, protocol = await self._create_connection_transport(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 1120, in _create_connection_transport
await waiter
ConnectionAbortedError: SSL handshake is taking longer than 60.0 seconds: aborting the connection
‘’’

I’m running 2022.6.7 and encounter no issues with the KLF200.
Have you already tried to reinstall the KLF200?

I’m running without issues as well. It looks like its the same problem that has been around, that is KLF has run out of sockets to open so is refusing any connections from HA. The solution has been to re-power the KLF…may take a few times, but eventually it should work.

I‘m rebooting my klf200 every time I‘m restarting HA core! No idea what is going wrong!
Was able login to klf200 locally!
What port is klf200 running? Did a ring mqtt and Moskitto setup.
Something is wired: ConnectionAbortedError: SSL handshake is taking longer than 60.0 seconds: aborting the connection

Why SSL? Have not configured SSL for klf200

Are you running 2022.6.7 ?
Do you reboot the gateway using power cycle (power off - on) ?
Have you tried a gateway reboot using: “service: velux.reboot_gateway” ?
Is the gateway IP-address the same as the “host: IP_address” used in the configuration.yaml ?

I‘m running 2022.6.5 now! I power cycled the klf200, rebooted it with the service! Checked everything 100 times.
Last thing I‘ll do is resetting the klf200.

There is a problem reported with Velux and 2022.6.7 #74074

That’s interesting. The logs show that a connection is actually being made (so its not the common running out of sockets problem) and packets are being passed back and forth, but in one transaction, the response times out. I have also seen some comments on the forum of 2022.6.7 generating lots of XXX is taking over 10 seconds…so just wondering, it may not be so much a Velux issue as an HA performance issue. I myself am seeing more of the SSL handshake timeouts, but I do get it working again after a restart.

Same problem here… I upgrade some days ago from 2022.6.2 to 2022.6.7 and Velux stop working (SSL handshake issue). I’ve revert to 2022.6.2 core backup and Velux integration restart to work.

No change in configuration.yaml or in other conf file.
KLF200 is working anytime, it’s a HA bug.

Same problem for me. Did upgrade to HA 2022.6.7 and HA OS 8.2
Neither Automation reboot nor KLF power off reboot nor KLF menu reboot solve the problem.

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: components/velux/__init__.py:84
First occurred: 11:40:17 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:40:17

Error during setup of component velux
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 235, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/velux/__init__.py", line 39, in async_setup
    await hass.data[DATA_VELUX].async_start()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/velux/__init__.py", line 84, in async_start
    await self.pyvlx.load_scenes()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py", line 80, in load_scenes
    await self.scenes.load()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/scenes.py", line 51, in load
    await get_scene_list.do_api_call()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/api/api_event.py", line 21, in do_api_call
    await self.send_frame()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/api/api_event.py", line 33, in send_frame
    await self.pyvlx.send_frame(self.request_frame())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py", line 66, in send_frame
    await self.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py", line 43, in connect
    await self.connection.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/connection.py", line 87, in connect
    self.transport, _ = await self.loop.create_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1090, in create_connection
    transport, protocol = await self._create_connection_transport(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1120, in _create_connection_transport
    await waiter
ConnectionAbortedError: SSL handshake is taking longer than 60.0 seconds: aborting the connection

Downgrading to HA 2022.6.5 solved the problem via Home Assistant command line:

core update --version 2022.6.5
1 Like

Any idea if it get solved with 2022.7?

I can confirm that going back to 2022.6.5 solves the problem!

Did anyone already tests with 2022.7?

I came across this:

Sounds good! Unfortunately the transition to Python 3.10 seems to be a problem for many third party integrations and there is a discussion who is responsible to fix it. So I decided to not upgrade to newest version, as at least my Gardena integration is affected, which leads into a nightmare during a hot summer!

Same problem here… I’m using 2022.6.2. With 22.7.5 too not works for me.

Hi.
Has anyone managed to connect 2 KLF200 gateways to the Home Assistant? I have nine windows with shutters and I need to hook them both up at the same time

1 Like

Any news on this? I just installed my KLF200 and thankfully found this thread before going mad.

Any news? With the present day version of HA, the issue with Velux is resolved?
I’m still running 2022.6.2, and Velux integration runs.