ISY994 Smart Meter

While there is now an official Universal Devices ISY integration for Home Assistant, I found that it does not import Smart Meter information. I use this information to track daily energy usage and display instantaneous usage. To do this I wrote the following templates:

#ISY Main Meter
  - platform: rest
    name: isy_meter
    resource: http://<your_isy_ip_address>/rest/emeter/metering/
    json_attributes_path: "$.AMIMetering"
    username: <your_username>
    password: <your_password>
    authentication: basic
    headers:
      Content-Type: text/xml
    scan_interval: 30
    value_template: 'OK'
    json_attributes:
      - "instantaneousDemand"
      - "currDayDelivered"

I then create these two sensors:

sensor:
  - platform: template
      main_meter_power:
        device_class: power
        friendly_name: "Main Meter"
        unit_of_measurement: 'kW'
        value_template: '{{ (states.sensor.isy_meter.attributes["instantaneousDemand"]["#text"] | int) / 1000 }}'
        icon_template: mdi:mdi-current-ac
      main_meter_energy_today:
        device_class: energy
        friendly_name: "Energy Imported Today"
        unit_of_measurement: 'Wh'
        value_template: '{{ (states.sensor.isy_meter.attributes["currDayDelivered"]["#text"] | int)  }}'    
        icon_template: mdi:mdi-current-ac

works like a charm!

This is awesome, thanks for sharing!
I am interested in doing the same to monitor my PG&E power usage. PG&E lists the ISY994 ZS series as a “Validated” device compatible with their smartmeters.
So HA communicates with the ISY994 device over the LAN, correct? Does it have a wired ethernet port or wifi (or both?) Poking around a bit, it looks like it hardwires to the LAN. Anything else I should look out for?

Wired. I haven’t found any other devices that work with SCE but they may be out there.

Been a while since this was posted. Is it still working for you? Im having trouble with the sensors.

Im very new. Just copy and paste stuff. Dunno how to actually create or troubleshoot it.

thanks

Hi,

Thank you for your work creating the templates/sensors. Those seem to be working great!

Were you able to integrate this into the HA energy dashboard? The sensors don’t pull up for me there.

Thanks!

It’s been awhile since i’ve played with it so I had to look at my config file. It appears I modified it slightly to include state_class:

- platform: template
    sensors:
      main_meter_power:
        device_class: power
        friendly_name: "Main Meter"
        unit_of_measurement: "kW"
        value_template: '{{ (states.sensor.isy_meter.attributes["instantaneousDemand"]["#text"] | int) / 1000 }}'
        icon_template: mdi:current-ac
      main_meter_energy_today:
        friendly_name: "Energy Imported Today"
        attribute_templates:
          last_reset: "{{ now().replace(hour=0, minute=0, second=0) }}"
          state_class: measurement
        unit_of_measurement: "Wh"
        value_template: '{{ (states.sensor.isy_meter.attributes["currDayDelivered"]["#text"] | int) }}'
      main_meter_energy_today_kwh:
        friendly_name: "Energy Imported Today kWh"
        attribute_templates:
          last_reset: "{{ now().replace(hour=0, minute=0, second=0) }}"
          state_class: measurement
        unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
        value_template: '{{ (states.sensor.isy_meter.attributes["currDayDelivered"]["#text"] | int) / 1000 }}'
        icon_template: mdi:current-ac

It appears as an energy option but will require more testing to determine if it is accurate.