It would be useful to be able to specify the entity 'type' for helper entities

In a release some time ago entities were classified into ‘types’: Controls, Configuration, Diagnostic etc.

These classifications are useful because only the Controls appear in the Overview dashboard.

As far as I know, It is not possible to classify Helper entities in the same way. As such all Helper entities appear in the Overview dashboard.

I think it would be useful to be able to classfy our Helpers as Controls, Diagnostic etc.

The classification system is for the entities that comprise a device and is determined by the device’s integration. Users have no control over an entity’s category.

What you’re requesting would be fulfilled by a feature that has been outlined (by Frenck) but, as yet, unimplemented. The user would be able to assign one or more ‘labels’ to an entity. The label’s name can be whatever you want. Afterwards, you can select/organize entities by their labels.

Hi @123

Thank you for your reply.

I hope to see Labels one day! Would Labels enable hiding entities from the Overview dashboard though? I guess we don’t know as they don’t exist or aren’t finished.

I suppose being able to make virtual devices to hold multiple Helper entities would be nice but, that’s a different feature request.

You should be able to hide the entities in the entity list.