iTach Wifi2IR way to use with home assistant

I’m having the same problem with two iTach IP2IR units on static IP addresses. The items in my last zone (6) are not reliable.

When I first noticed it, restarting HASSIO would always fix the problem. Now it doesn’t. The only difference (other than standard updates) is that I’ve added a bunch of MQTT devices (and associated automations).

I’ve dedicated 4096MB of RAM to HASSIO running as a VM on a powerful server.

I’m happy to see the new netdaemon automation, although from what I could see, netdaemon is in pre-beta and I’m not sure if or how I should try it.

Richard

I’m excited to announce a work-around (at least for me). Since the last IP2IR has the problem, I copied the yaml for my first IP2IR, pasted it below the last IP2IR, and added _dummy to all the names. Voila. The real ones work because the dummy entries are at the end.

Cheers, Richard

Sadly this worked for a while, then not.

Open an issue.

Good idea tom_l, the issue is here: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/42461

1 Like

Oh I meant for the netdaemon version. There’s already an issue open for itach in the core repository.

How do you add the repository to retrieve this? I have been searching all through the HACS, and cant find anything related to “Home Assistant to ITach Wifi2IR” or “NetDaemon”

For those needing it: https://github.com/LiranSX/NetDaemon-ITach-Wifi2IR

Hey guys, I’m on the same boat too…
I had an IP2IR and a GC-100-12 installed… initially they work very reliably, but after I installed zwave2mqtt on a separate pi, then the iTach modules start to become unreliable. I wonder if it’s because of the tcp traffic from mqtt.

I’ve also tried swapping the GC-100-12 with a couple of IP2IR, unfortunately the problem is still the same.

Finally got a moment to install and look at the yaml in the disti. Are you creating a device_name.yaml file for each tv/stb/dvr or can you put them all into one file? I noticed its named specific to your Phillips tv.

Should name in the yaml show up as an entity after reboot?

jwb

you will see “netdaemon.wifi2irapp_sendir” service and can add the command to execute there - it’s text entry, the commands are not entities. yes - you need yaml per address - in my case i use one per device.

Thanks. Thinking through, I like the device file approach.

I’ve created a couple of yaml files. I checked the logfile and no errors and when editing a yaml in VStudio, I can see it detects any updates. However, I dont see a service under developer tools I can call.

jwb

you need netdaemon installed

Thank you! I have installed, and see it successfully loaded everything in the Wifi2IR log, but still see no service to call. Are these the correct settings for NetDaemon? I also see both devices show up under NetDaemon -> Apps.

DaemonSettings

I have created a 1,2,3 guide with screenshots and will be happy to share for the thread and or wiki when I get it up and running.

Again, thanks for all the assistance.

Cheers

jwb

you need to make sure netdaemon can connect with home assistant when it starts. if it will be successfull, you’ll see a new service in HASS:

Ok. Will trouble shoot once more before trying from scratch.
I see NetDaemon running but they show up as switches - nothing under services.
NetDaemon Status

Thanks for your help.

jwb

I’m still having some issues getting it as a service call, but here are the steps followed.

1. Make sure HACS is installed in HA. Details on installing HACS:
    https://hacs.xyz/docs/installation/manual.

2. Enable features in the HACS configuration under configuration -> integrations -> hacs. This allows
    you to see the other repositories.

3. Install Netdaemon repository and add-on if necessary
    i. Supervisor -> add-on store, then select the 3 dots in top right corner
    ii. Follow instructions from https://netdaemon.xyz/docs/started/installation/. Don’t need to worry about
    anything else.
    iii. Don’t start service yet. Create our yaml files first.

4. Install “Home Assistant to ITach Wifi2IR” from HACS”

5. Hacs -> automation, search for “Home Assistant to ITach Wifi2IR”**
    i Make sure there is a checkmark in the NetDaemon Box**
    ii.

6. Use Visual Studio or favorite editor and find your config -> netdaemon/apps/Wifi2IrApp directory.
    i. You will want to create a yaml file for each entity. E.g. tv.familroom.yaml, fireplace.fprmal.yaml
    ii. You may also do it by iTach device and place all components using the same iTach IP in same
    file.

7. Goto supervisor -> netdaemon. Decide on parameters (watchdog, sidebar etc) and select start.
    i. Check logfile. You should see it successfully load the yaml files created.

Trying to get my ITach device working in Hassio.

step 4. above…is this in Add-on Store? I get:
No results found in “Official add-ons.”
No results found in “ESPHome Home Assistant Add-Ons.”
No results found in “Home Assistant Community Add-ons.”
No results found in “NetDaemon add-on.”

This is in HACs under Automation. Make sure AppDaemon and NetDaemon are tick marked. Search for iTach.

I’m really sorry. I still don’t see it…
Its certainly not in Configuration>Automations
Could you be more specific on where to find it please.
Thanks a lot.

I’m a newbie to Home Assistant and hoping someone can give me some insight. I have ITach up and running and it controls my IR controlled lights no problem. Each light is setup as a switch and a simple click once turn on click again turn off works. But now I am trying to automate my Amps. I have retrieved the IR code for the amp and configurated an ON and OFF in configuration.yaml. I’m trying to add this to a card on the UI and while it does turn the amp ON, a second click does not turn it back off. How do I put logic behind a card (or switch) to have an ON/OFF functionality on a single button? thank you.