Itho Daalderop - Spider support

goed initiatief! ik heb weinig hoop, gezien de mail die ik vandaag van Niko ontving:

Beste,

Deze producten worden niet meer verkocht, u kan uw slimme stekkers dus niet meer gebruiken.

Moest u nog andere vragen hebben dan hoor ik dit graag.

getting back to this: since the Fifthplay (and probably Daalderop) smart plugs use Zigbee, shouldnā€™t we be able to use something like ZigbeetoMQTT, and maybe even a Conby stick (though I previously tried that without luck) ?

ZigbeetoMQTT states anything should be ā€˜readableā€™ since the all use the same protocol?
No reason to be dependent on the (Daalderop) Cloud.

I mean, it is ridiculous enough Fifthplay/Niko simply stop the product without announcement, their 'you can no longer use these products ) is even worseā€¦

They practically force endusers to take this U-turn

Hi Peter,

Allereerst een compliment. Heel gaaf wat je weet te maken in HA.

Ik zit al een tijdje te kijken naar een goede oplossing voor mijn huis.
We hebben van Itho een warmtepomp, panelen, ventilatie WTW.
Itho heeft ons een monitoring tool gegeven dmv inloggen op monitoring.ithodaalderop.nl
(Onze Zeversolar omvormer is niet uitgerust met Wifi).

Dat is een lelijke oplossing en gebruik dan nu liever dmsr om met een kabeltje de slimme meter uit te lezen.
Ik las ergens dat Itho binnens huis via RF protocol de fan bediend (zijn allemaal opplak schakelaars). Weet niet of de slave thermostaten dat ook doen, maar dat zou ook best RF kunnen zijn.
Dus wil binnenkort daar wat hardware halen en hopelijk kan ik op de forums wat code vinden.

Mijn vraag is, zou je Spider integratie misschien ook uitgebreid kunnen worden met monitoring.ithodaalderop.nl?

Mvg, Gijs

Hoi Gijs,

Die website vereist andere login gegevens en lijkt dus een apart product te zijn. Gezien ik daar geen toegang heb en het zelf niet gebruik, denk ik niet dat ik daar iets in kan betekenen.

De thermostaten zitten geloof ik op hun eigen protocol of met encryptie. Dat weet ik niet zeker, maar het zou mooi zijn als we die direct uit konden lezen ipv via de web interface. Helaas heb ik geen kaas gegeten hoe ik die signalen moet ontvangen dan wel uitlezen.

just as a fyi:
Fifthplay smart plugs cant be added to the Conbee II stick.
Bought the stick especially to test this, and neither the Deconz add-on, nor the Z2M add-on see the plugs at all. During paring mode, the leds do start flickering, but thatā€™s as far as it gets.

Must say, I was rather disappointed in this stick. Many users of Hue and Tradfri motion sensors rave about it, and claim this to be a superior solution. Not my experience at all. Many devices with more sensors per device (temp, motion, presence etc etc) dont get initialized, or respond quickly at allā€¦ Added to that, their respective modus operandi in adding devices are nowhere near as smooth and solid as via the dedicated Tradfri and Hue Hubs (dont have other hardware manufacturers, so wont speak for those)

cut it short: Conbee || has been repackaged and returned.

so, still stuck with 5 perfect but useless Fifthplay smart plugs.

Last August, ā€œSpiderā€ was still part of the menu within the official webshop of Itho Daalderop: https://web.archive.org/web/20200809060507/https://webshop.ithodaalderop.nl/

I noticed today itā€™s no longer a category: https://webshop.ithodaalderop.nl/
Although the pages still exist (https://webshop.ithodaalderop.nl/spider) you canā€™t click on any item.

Are they saying goodbye to spider?

Hi Nick,

Ik zit hier met hetzelfde gevoel.
Ik vermoed dat er niet veel respons gekomen is van Niko?

Iemand een idee wat er nog kan gebeuren? Ik heb de Z-wave stick al eens rechtstreeks ingeplugd maar ook daar lukt het me niet om de plugs te ingereren.

mvg

Hi Nick,

I have the same feeling,
I suppose there was no answer from Niko?

Someone who has an idea how to integrate those plugs? I already tried putting the Z-wave stick directly in the system, but also no result.

Regards

Response from Itho after Iā€™ve questioned them about the future of Spider;

Wij zijn vanuit de webshop inderdaad gestopt met actieve verkoop van onderdelen ut het Spider Connect systeem i.v.m. de ontwikkelingen bij Niko/Fifthplay. Met betrekking tot de door u genoemde datum, zal dit niet per definitie gelden voor Itho Daalderop, daar wij hierover nog in gesprek zijn met Fifthplay.

Het functioneren van de gekoppelde onderdelen aan de gateway en het aansturen van de warmtebron en ventilatiesystemen via de gateway is een op zich zelf staande regeling vanuit de gateway en blijft functioneren.

De koppeling vanuit de gateway met internet zal met de ontwikkelingen binnen Fifthplay op den duur inderdaad vervallen.
Dit heeft als gevolg dat bediening via de app en het uitlezen van het energieverbruik en grafieken via de webaccount zullen vervallen.
De koppeling met het internet (cloud) blijft normaal werken en over een definitieve datum m.b.t. loskoppelen van deze functionaliteit is nog niets bekend. Dit is eerdere enkele jaren dan enkele maanden zoals u aangeeft.

Kortom, we zullen het Spider platform met de Niko/Fifthplay gateway blijven ondersteunen, zolang als we dat redelijkerwijs kunnen.

@ptnijssen

I just acquired the Itho Fan systemm together with a FifthPlay gateway. Only to read this topic afterwards :slight_smile:ā€¦

• Iā€™m using a fan(Mechanische ventilatie) and it looks like itā€™s not functioning (yet) with your integration right? Can assist getting it operational?
  • If Itho stops with Fifthplay later this year, your integration will also immediately stop working right, since itā€™s connecting via the app API? Do you expect Itho to come with an replacement that retrofits their older equipment?

Thanks for helping out!

Hiya. First of all your Fan has to work together with Spider and then I believe it should work out of the box. My own itho fan is not compatible with Spider so I have no example of how it should work, but someone integrated it long time ago in the library, so I would suspect it just works.

Iā€™ve used a different solution: DIY: Itho ventilatie aansturen via 868Mhz transmitter - Duurzame Energie & Domotica - GoT

I think fifthplay already stopped. the question is how long Itho will continue to support their environment. When Itho stops, the integration indeed stops :frowning:
I donā€™t expect Itho to ā€œcompensateā€ us with a different thermostat. In the end the physical devices still work, just no longer with the apps.

The api url has been changed to https://spider-api.ithodaalderop.nl so calling the api on mijn.ithodaalderop.nl no longer works. but its still the main way to login through browser

Thanks for the report! Working on it. Progress can be followed here:

Phase out information: https://www.ithodaalderop.nl/additionelespiderproducten

Hi @ptnijssen I am trying to add your repository through HACS, and i am getting this error - Repository structure for 1.7.1 is not compliant.

I have Itho Gateway with Itho boiler thermostat and ventilator. I want to use Home assistant to get information and control basic function of ventilator and thermostat, kindly help on how to move forwardā€¦

Hi. You can just use the component within HA itself; Itho Daalderop Spider - Home Assistant

Hi, thanks for the reply, Yes i did added this component in HA but its blank, dont see any entities created - image

I do have two devices already added to Itho gateway and its visible on splDer

Dont know where i am going wrong.

Anything in the error logs?

Hi, I have tried deleting the integration and added again though the Portal add integration option.

and it worked this time, thanks :slight_smile:

One Last Request, is there a way to capture the Smart meter kwh and Gas M3 Usage data from Itho Gateway in Home assistant?

HI All, Is there a way to capture the Smart meter kwh and Gas M3 Usage stats data from Itho Gateway and show them in Energy feature in Home assistant??

Hai iedereen,

Onlangs mijn internet gewijzigd en sindsdien is mijn Gateway niet meer in staat hem te zien, ondanks directe aansluiting en letterlijk 10cm tussen de router en Gateway. Is dit dus vanwege de Niko/Fifthplay situatie? Kan ik ervan uitgaan dat hij het dus ook gewoon niet meer gaat doen? Thermostaat werkt fysiek nog wel, maar alle apps inderdaad bij deze op slot. Irriteer me mateloos aan dit hele Spider/IthoDaalderop gedoe.