Jablotron JA-80 series and JA-100 series alarm integration

Add this repository to hacs GitHub - tahvane1/jablotron80: Jablotron 80 integration for Home assistant
After this you can find the plug-in

On the row ā€œRepositoryā€ - What am I supposed to write?

Thank you! I think I managed to add it to HACS and I can now see the files in ā€œcustom_componentsā€. Now I just have to figure out the restā€¦

And now I realize Iā€™m stuck again. It says:

"Initial configuration
Integration support configuration flow via UI.

It will ask for serial device to use and master passcode. It will ask also for number of devices to be included as jablotron will by default have 50 devices (those could be configured off but at least in my case were not). This is just for convenience. Master passcode will be used to fetch configuration from central unit (device types, reactions, serial numbers, codes, arming without code). It will also be used to arm/disarm system if it is allowed without code in Home Assistant side (integration options)."

When and where will I get those questions?

Now add integration and search for jablotron, then you het the rest of the configuration

You should know your master code, itā€™s what you enter into your alarm to go into maintenance mode. If you have no idea how many devices, there is no harm in entering 50. The device is the long serial string you mentioned earlier.

/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_JABLOTRON_serial_interface_1-if00-port0

Now I have come a step closer, but unfortunately there is still some challenge to solve. The problem I had apparently had to do with the web browser. I discovered it when I went in via the app and then found the integration. After a refresh of the web browser, it also appeared on the computer. I also managed to add it and made it work. The problem I now have is that the USB ports seem to collide. I have an RFXtrx433XL that also looks like it is on USB port 0 and this seems to make only one of them work. Do you have a solution that allows me to lock Jablotron to USB port 1? If you look below, you will see that it ends in ā€œ-port0ā€ on both. Or is it something I misunderstand?

ttyUSB0
/ dev / serial / by-id / usb-RFXCOM_RFXtrx433XL_DO5OP603-if00-port0
Subsystem:
tty
Device path:
/ dev / ttyUSB0
ID:
/ dev / serial / by-id / usb-RFXCOM_RFXtrx433XL_DO5OP603-if00-port0

ttyUSB1/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_JABLOTRON_serial_interface_1-if00-port0

Delsystem:tty

Enhetens sƶkvƤg:/dev/ttyUSB1

ID:/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_JABLOTRON_serial_interface_1-if00-port0

I now got it working by entering: / dev / ttyUSB1
instead of:
/ dev / serial / by-id / usb-Silicon_Labs_JABLOTRON_serial_interface_1-if00-port0
The problem in my experience is that you can never be sure which USB port the devices will be assigned on a reboot.
Next time, Jablotron might get: / dev / ttyUSB0 and RFXtrx might get / dev / ttyUSB1. Do you have a good solution for that?

Iā€™ve never had this issue, but I would have thought you could use the longer /Dev name with by-Id in it rather than the shorter one

Ok, then I have to keep my fingers crossed that it will continue to work.
I would like to thank you for the helpfulness you have shown and which gave me a way to continue to use my alarm, even when the telecom operator chooses to close the 2 and 3G network shortly.
Iā€™m really grateful - Thank you!

Hello
Are you familiar with the Jablotron Eye-02 and if it would be possible to connect it to the Home Assistant in a similar way to the Jablotron JA-80?
Best regards, Peter

Iā€™m thinking about getting the ja-82k alarm integrated to HA. I only have wireless PIR sensors. I would like to use their status when the alarm is disarmed for automations.

Can I switch to service mode programmatically through HA when the alarm is disarmed? I donā€™t think I would mind it having this status when someone is home unless someone tells me there is a problem with security beyond someone operating the keypad and changing the settings doing that!

Fire alarms and panic alarms would be disabled by such a move, so yes the security of the system would be impacted.

I donā€™t have anything but motion sensors ā€“ itā€™s a really simple system.

Can I send an HA command to the control unit to switch it to service mode and back out to normal mode in some way?

OK, I understand why you may want to do this then, and in theory I think it would work, you would essentially be disabling all the control panel features when the system is disarmed, so this would include things like tamper alarms and the no movement alarms that some people set up.

The integration does not support what you want to do at the moment, but would be fairly simply to add.

Sorry, Iā€™m not familiar with the system, but on a quick google it seems a completely separate system to JA-8x control panels.

It would be great for me if I could switch to service mode through some service call or similar. It would allow me to use the Jablotron motion detectors to turn on lights etc ā€” at least I hope it could.

Then when I leave home it would arm the alarm automatically without my Intervention.

Hi. When I arm my alarm system, the state of [alarm_control_panel.section_1] goes from arming, to armed_away. When I trigger a sensor (open a door), the status changes to pending. So far so good, it is pending for me to disarm the alarm. However, when I am not disarming the alarm, and actually triggering it, the status changes back to armed_away. I would expect the status to change to triggered or alarm or something.

I have a use case where i want to flash all garden lights whenever the alarm is tripped, however i canā€™t find an sesor for it. As mentioned above, I would expect the alarm_control_panel.section_1 sensor to show this state.

Anyone here how has experience with this? Am I doing something wrong maybe?

This all depends on how your alarm is setup. Does your actual alarm go off in the scenario you describe?