Jablotron JA-80 series and JA-100 series alarm integration

Hello, any ideas why do i have this error?
System 103KRY, HA:2021.12.10
Error:

Error setting up entry Jablotron for jablotron100
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 313, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/config/custom_components/jablotron100/__init__.py", line 23, in async_setup_entry
    await jablotron_instance.initialize()
  File "/config/custom_components/jablotron100/jablotron.py", line 311, in initialize
    self._detect_devices()
  File "/config/custom_components/jablotron100/jablotron.py", line 678, in _detect_devices
    devices_info_packets = reader.result(estimated_duration * 2)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 447, in result
    raise TimeoutError()
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError

Used user is not admin - probably.

its an admin user but it was renamed. do I need to create and admin with user name admin?

No, the name of the user is irrelevant but it looks the user does not have admin rights.

@FransO what connectivity did you use at the other end (control panel), Iā€™m interested in connecting direct to the Jablotron bus, the JA82T and JA80T spec says the jack is an RJ4, but I canā€™t find a description of this anywhere else. Even if I could find a jack, can you tell me the pinout?

@fwpt, myself and @tahvane1 have been updating the repo at https://github.com/tahvane1/jablotron80 and there is an issue raised about JA80T connectivity here https://github.com/tahvane1/jablotron80/issues/17

Neither of myself or @tahvane1 have a JA80T to test with, but I see you have. Can you confirm that your repo at https://github.com/fwpt/HASS-Jablotron80-T is working as https://github.com/phrachovina is having trouble with both our integration and yours. Would you consider taking issues on your repo, which seems to have them disabled?

Alternatively, might you consider moving over to @tahvane1 's repo and us merging the solution to support both cables?

The pinout of the JA82T can be determined by the wire colors of the cable:
Black - Ground
Red - Data B
Green - Data A
Yellow - 12V DC

I cut the 4wire cable that came with the JA-82T in half and connected a RJ45 plug at either end as I had to route the connection over about 15 meter of Cat5 cabling. That effectively left me with two cables with a RJ4 connector at one end and a RJ45 connector at the other end.
In my system the Esp8266 is connected to the Jablotron bus by means of a RS485 to TTL board. I used a very cheap board at first (see the photo in my earlier post), but could not get it stable. This board (still quite cheap) works quite good: Isolated TTL to RS485 Module RS485 TTL Signal Conversion Single chip Microcomputer UART Prevent lightning|ttl to rs485|ttl to rs485 modulettl signal - AliExpress

You can connect the RS485 - TTL board directly to the JA82K control unit Bus connectors: JA82K Bus connector
A and B are the data lines, U+ gives you a 12V supply. In that case you do not need the 4pin modular RJ4 connector which is quite rare.
My current interface for the Jablotron system looks like this:

The two relays switch the data lines from my interface to the JA82T. The Jablotron bus is a real bus, but the OLink software monopolizes the bus in such a way that it cannot coexist with my interface.

Hey @mattsaxon, I can confirm that my repo is working as I have been using this in my Home Assistant for the past 1.5 year without any issues. What is the issue you run into? Do you get an error? My version is only tested against the JA-82K Control Panel so any other/newer system version might not work.

I think thereā€™s a couple of ways to move this forward. Firstly would you be prepared to either test or come over to the new integration. The benefits would be that sensors are supported and it will be maintained by others. Alternatively if you want to stay on the old integration, would you mind helping out the person who raised the issue to solve their problem, you could contact them via the GitHub link https://github.com/tahvane1/jablotron80/issues/17

Thanks @mattsaxon and the updated version looks good. Does it work when operating the system in normal mode, or does it have to be in service mode? I can give it a try in my dev setup and confirm here if it works with the 80T interface.

I have made a few customizations to allow control of my garage door with the second pair of buttons that my Jablotron remote comes with so I would probably lose that functionality but happy to have a look and see if I can merge it with your repo, if that is a feature that you would be interested in too.

It works in normal mode. Not all the sensors activate in that mode whe disarmed, but things like tamper, batter, loss of comms all do.

Be aware, that Iā€™m still testing it on my system and making tweaks for this.

To be clear, itā€™s no longer my repo @tahvane1 has made all the base changes here and Iā€™m just tweaking.

As a first step though it would be good for you to verify it works at all for you to prove it works with your cable.

Hi everyone.

some days ago i created an IoT device able to communicate with JA-83K.

i opened a dedicated topic here

i hope you enjoy my initiative.

regards, vi

Interesting project, thanks.

I was considering something similar myself, but at the moment am working with an off the shelf remote serial solution. A benefit of this approach is that you get the full functionality of the current integration, e.g. sensors support.

Iā€™ve used a couple of devices from https://www.pusr.com/ . They do a range of Ethernet and Wifi devices that can support TTL, RS232 and RS485.

For this project I selected Serial to Ethernet Converter Modules | Ethernet UART Modules and paired it with a MAX3485 3.3V Powered, 10Mbps and Slew-Rate Limited, True RS-485/RS-422 Transceivers | Maxim Integrated. I chose these so I could get them inside the JA-8x control panel (I have a JA-82K). You will also need a 5v or 3.3v power supply, I used a step down transformer such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/Converter-Reduced-Voltage-Regulator-Interface/dp/B08VHZJ3C8/ . The cost of these is around Ā£20 and no other components are required (though some may recommend some capacitors, Iā€™m no expert here)

An easier method if you donā€™t care about fitting it in the case is Ethernet to Serial Converters | Converter Serial to Ethernet, which costs around Ā£30. This can run off the JA-8x power too, so no additional plugs needed.

Lastly, the very simplest is to use a 1-port RS485 to Ethernet Converters | Ethernet to RS485 Converters | RS485 to TCP IP Converters this needs an external power supply/plug and only requires 2 wires (for the RS232 connection) to go inside inside the control panel onto the A and B terminals.

All of the above are workable for a novice IMO, well, anyone happy to play around inside the control panel as I imagine most of us on this thread are.

This can be used with the JA-8x integration here GitHub - tahvane1/jablotron80: Jablotron 80 integration for Home assistant

Hi,
i have a question on the opportunity to use the integration with HA to read the state of the sensors attached directly to the control panel when itā€™s in normal mode.

By logging the traffict coming from the mainboard on rs485 i didnā€™t find the way.
maybe it could be possibile by interfacing the appliance with the main bus directly by using any of the 10 pinā€™s connector but that would be beyond the scope of my project.

As an alternative, we could create a voltage divider between any device port and the COM and then use an analog port to read the voltage in order to get the state of each interested device.

Did you know for another way to get the state of the devices when the CP is in normal mode?
thank you for your kind reply.
regards, vi

The state of the devices are available via RS485 on the mainboard, either via the RJ4 jack or the A/B connectors, that is exactly how this component is working.

I actually had the same view some time back because I had mostly wireless devices that only report when in maintenance mode or when system is armed, but Iā€™ve since realised that for wired devices this is not the case and the status is always available.

Hello
I am very interested in getting my Jablotron Oasis (JA-80) to work with HA.
Sincerely, Peter

Well youā€™ve come to the right place. Best to start with @tahvane1 repo referenced at the topic of this topic. What cable do you have ? And is your HA instance located close to your Control Panel?

I have ā€œCONTROL PANELS PROGRAMMING INTERFACE JA-80Tā€ and my Control Panel is mounted very close to my HA instance.

That now works with that repository, so you should be good to go. Any issues please raise an issue direct on the GitHub repo

For information
I run my HomeAssistant on an Odroid blue.
I have installed HACS.
I use NabuCasa to access my instance from my computer.

I have now

1. Connect the USB or Serial cable to Jablotron central unit
  2. Restart the Home Assistant OS

Identified the port
ttyUSB0
/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_JABLOTRON_serial_interface_1-if00-port0

But then Iā€™m lost.
I canā€™t find anything called Jablotron80 in Hacs.
I donā€™t know how to copy a folder from my computer and paste it into Custom Components.

Can you help me understand how to do?