Jaguar Landrover InControl Integration (Currently not working due to JLR blocking 3rd party access)

Yes I’ve seen that. It is on the list to look at.

Is this adjustable? I’d like to be able to turn down the scan interval when not needed: no need to be hammering the servers overnight when the car is parked up and we’re all asleep.

It is adjustable through the integration config but not via an automation etc.

@msp1974 - thanks for this integration.

A question on the configuration UI. It asks for the PIN - just wondering why and how that is used. It implies changing the config impacts the InControl system in some way. The PIN was not requested on initial config and appears to be stored by HA.

It is also unclear if changing the units affects your account as well as the HA sensors - by override, does it mean local override? It is currently pulling down distance as km but it is set as miles on the car and in the app and I wonder why.

Brian,

The pin is needed for things like lock/unlocking via the lock entity and some of the services (climate etc). It doesn’t ask for it on initial setup as it is optional but maybe it should (as an option) and maybe have documentation to explain what exactly it is needed for.

The units in the options is because of a couple of things:

1. The JLR servers provide many of the parameters in metric units and therefore are converted by the app based on your geography.
  2. In HA, you can only set metric or imperial therefore for us funny Brits that mix and match, there needed to be a way to override this and show in miles and psi instead of the metric units.

Changing these will only override the displayed values and units in the integration and not your car or the app or any other integraiton in HA.

Given both of these areas were done quite some time ago and things have moved on, I will put them both on the list to look at for improvements. Thanks

1 Like

Yes, that would be good. Otherwise, some services might fail and you’d not understand why.

Ah I see, it is overriding the HA setting - that makes sense. Yes ‘How do Brits measure’ is a good one.

I can see now the all_data and I’ll definitely extract the AdBlue data to a sensor!

It is a shame there isn’t a way to set the full alarm off. My Evoque is very susceptible to remote key theft so I was thinking of setting up an automation that allowed me to force the alarm to go off if it was opened at a time when it shouldn’t. honk and beep doesn’t have the same effect, but at least I can set an alarm in the house if it is unlocked.

Am I right that you cannot lock it remotely either?

[edit]
Under what conditions does the remote switch off work I wonder? Does the vehicle have to be stationary?

You should be able to lock and unlock it via the integration. Does that not work? Will need pin adding to config options.

Yes I don’t think you can. However my 21 RRS has a guardian mode that alerts if opended, moved etc. Not sure what models have this but as I get back into this integration, I am going to dig more into this (being able to set it and get notifications etc). If I can sort this and yours has it, then you can maybe do something based on that situation.

I also have on the list do enable a diagnostics download which will help with understanding the differences between vehicles and support more of these. ATM, it generally supports the common stuff that was available a few years back.

1 Like

Doh! Blind as a bat!

Hello there,

2015 Land Rover Disco Sport L550 HSE. Works like a charm on some HA docker image. But I think I’ll try to filter the attributes a bit more. The change of tire pressure in relation with external temperatures would be nice but external temperature is one of the few sensors whose data isn’t being passed to the system. I would like to have specific tire pressures shown. Not just “okay”. :smiley:

Too bad there isn’t more features to tinker with - from the car’s side.

@msp1974 I see earlier in the thread you were looking into enabling support for Guardian mode, is this still the case?

Would be great to allow automations of this feature seeing as JLR security on vehicles leave much to be desired. It’s a feature on my car so happy to test if you need a guinea pig :slight_smile:

Hi!,

I created this as a button, but it doesn’t trigger the car.
Any ideas on why it won’t work ?
(Not sure if the temperature variable is working…

show_name: true
show_icon: true
type: button
tap_action:
action: call-service
service: jlrincontrol.start_preconditioning
target: {}
data:
entity_id: update.jaguar_landrover_incontrol_update
target_temp: 22
entity: update.jaguar_landrover_incontrol_update
show_state: true

This is look so awesome layout you got… I am still struggling to create at my end. can I see your lovelace yaml please?

Hi, since I am a brand new user to HA, have an ipace, and enjoy the jlrincontrol integration very much: how and where can I add the additional services mentioned in the documentation, like preconditioning and honk&Flash ? Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

So sorry for how long this has taken but I have just released a v3.0.0beta1 version today. This includes a major rewrite of the integration but also added a number of new things.

It may have issues as it is very difficult to test on different cars, but I would appreciate people giving it a go and logging issue they find with it so that we can then make this an official release.

1. There are now buttons and switches for many of the services (these can be used in integrations too by using switch.turn_on/switch.turn_off or button.press service calls.
  2. Added ability to enable/disable guardian mode, service mode and transport mode.
  3. You now need to add your pin as part of the core config when initially setting up the integration. For existing users, this will be migrated on update.
  4. There is now a diagnostic download to help with issues which would be appreciated along side an issues raised.

Have a play with it and see how you get on.

NOTE: You will need to enable show beta versions in HACS to see this.

1 Like

Many thanks for this and all the efforts on the integration.

Migrated to beta with no breaking changes (2017 Jaguar F-Pace)

I am just getting one really odd issue (it started recently pre beta to be clear) - the car is showing as Unlocked / Alarm Off but not only have I been physically out to the car with no key in hand to confirm otherwise, the Jaguar remote app itself shows stated as Locked / Alarmed

Other data like range etc is accurate so no obvious connection issue with jaguar servers per se

Any bright ideas?

Can you send a diagnostic file when it shows this but app saying locked.

Sent you a PM, thanks

One interesting thing in case it helps… so your integration was again showing unlocked - I went to the Jaguar Remote app and it was showing alarmed.

It even was showing “Updated Just Now”. Integration was unchanged.

I then did something random and decided to turn on the “Record Journeys” setting (I only recently renewed connected pro after about 2 years thanks to your integration!) - this seemingly required the app to then send something to the car remotely… after a few seconds the integration suddenly updated and too showed the car as Alarmed

Do you have health update timer set in options? I see this with my RRS that when i lock it, it does not report back to JLR and i have to wait until the next health update (which tells the car to send its current status to JLR) for this to show. Your diag file shows unlocked etc so it is def what is registered on jlr servers.

When you send a command to the car, it causes it to update back to JLR and this is why enabling journey recording caused it to update.

It is very annoying as it is not recommended to run this more than every hour, but maybe you can have an automation that detects you home and runs the button.press service on health update.

EDIT: why the app shows correctly i have no idea but think it is maybe using a different api for some things. I see a websocket service in the app code and will be investigating when i have time

I think you are spot on - it is not configured to on. I just filled up with petrol on the way home and checked the integration when I got in - it was already showing the new mileage fine but the car as being unlocked.

I pressed the manual update button and it then switched from unlocked to locked.

What is the recommended frequency for health update?

I have mine set to every 2hrs.