Jaguar Landrover InControl Integration

Mark,

Yes this is correct. It only reports its position infrequently and mainly on engine off. The only way of doing what you are thinking (without a phone), is to buy a cheap GPS telematics unit and wire into the 12V power socket in the boot (assuming you have it). It is pretty cheap to do and ensures that it is not powered when the engine is off.

The other way I have achieved this is (again as always with HA - depending on your router), you can detect when your phone connects to home Wifi. Mine generally does this on the drive and most times triggers the action quickly (but not always). I use this to turn the outside lights on if it is dark when arriving home. Normally on by the time I get out of the car - but maybe I mess about a lot! :wink:

KR
Mark

Thanks Mark, Much appreciated!

I already have the ā€˜pingā€™ detect upon WiFi connection, I was just looking for an option that triggers slightly further away.

Thanks for the info and as I say everything else is fantastic so great work!

Kind regards

Mark

Does starting the car only work for EVs? I have an XE and canā€™t get it to auto start. I donā€™t get any errors when making the call and when I go into the jaguar app it appears to show my engine is running but when I go out to the car it is not.

Any advice?

Figured it out. I was using the ā€œ_infoā€ as the entity. I started using the ā€œ_statusā€ and it started working.

Thanks for this integration!

Thatā€™s a bit wierd as it shouldnt matter which sensor you use as it only needs an entity to work out which car you send the request to, so it can support multiple cars on the same account.

If the app says the engine is running then it it has correctly sent the request to the JLR servers. Would appreciate if you could try again with the info sensor and if it consistantly does not work or if it was some anomoly.

Glad youre liking the integration.

Just tried again with the _info entity and it worked fine. Must have been an anomoly. Thanks again!

Great! My Lovelace card

4 Likes

i am new to home assistant, how would i pre condition the car? there is a call service that allows me to do this (eg in an automation) but i am required to state the entity id of the vehicle and im unsure which entity id i should use. I am using a 2020 range rover sport.

app can start engine and pre condition car.
but it is very dangerous.
if car run on closed space ā€¦smog can kill u.

so better NOT automate

Hi all! Still very much enjoying this integration and all aspects are still working perfectly. The only issue Iā€™m having is I seem to have to reload the integration every few days for it to continue to talk to the car. Is there anything Iā€™m missing here or why it should stop responding after a few days? A simple reload of just that integration (rather than Home Assistant full restart) solves the problem each time but it is annoying as I canā€™t find a way to automate the reload either.

Any help much appreciated!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Glad you like it. I have not seen this issue but can you enable debugging to see if you get any errors in the logs. If so, can raise an issue on the github repo and i will look at it to see if we can resolve.

Thx
Mark

Will do many thanks for getting back to me! One thing Iā€™ve just noticed is my health update interval was set to 1min, Iā€™ve just read your notes about not setting it too low so I wonder if I was upsetting the JLR servers perhaps?? Iā€™ve set it to 120mins now as per your advice and left the scan interval at 1min.

I originally thought it was the car going to sleep but on mine thatā€™s 4 days I think and seems to be ok for only about 24 hours without needing an integration reload.

I will try it with the new duration and enable debugging over next few days to see if anything pops up!

Thanks again!

Mark

Great integration! But I am a little bit lost how to call the services. I try to start_preconditioning but the air condition does not start. No error message either. So what I am doing wrong?

type: button
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: jlrincontrol.start_preconditioning
  service_data:
    entity_id: sensor.my_car_info
    target_temp: 21
hold_action:
  action: none
show_icon: true
icon: 'mdi:fan'
name: Start Jaguar air condition 21Ā°
show_state: true

I had this issue too, instead i found using the jlrincontrol.start_vehicle does exactly the same thing. Also be sure to include your pin in the service data as well as the target temperature and entity_id. Furthermore i used the sensor.my_car_status instead. Hope this helps.

Edit:
note i am using a range rover sport hst 2020, it could be different for your jaguar

Thx @taseen.rahman7 but for me this still does not work. I already have the problem that sensor.my_car_status is not a valid entitiy.

Finally: I was playing around and I got it now:

type: button
show_icon: true
icon: 'mdi:fan'
name: Starte Jaguar Klimaanlage 21Ā°
show_state: true
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: jlrincontrol.start_preconditioning
  service_data:
    entity_id: sensor.jaguar_info
    target_temp: 21
  target: {}
hold_action:
  action: none
entity: sensor.jaguar_info
1 Like

Clearly Iā€™m doing something wrong here but Iā€™ve installed with via HACS, restarted HA but configuration ā†’ integrations ā†’ add integration but it doesnā€™t show up in the list?

the jlrincontrol folder is in the custom components folder and it appears installed in the HACs page do I need to edit the config file?

hereā€™s my versions just in case

System Health

version: core-2021.4.6
installation_type: Home Assistant OS
dev: false
hassio: true
docker: true
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.8.7
os_name: Linux
os_version: 5.4.109
arch: x86_64
timezone: Europe/London

GitHub API: ok
Github API Calls Remaining: 4781
Installed Version: 1.11.3
Stage: running
Available Repositories: 776
Installed Repositories: 6

logged_in: false
can_reach_cert_server: ok
can_reach_cloud_auth: ok
can_reach_cloud: ok

host_os: Home Assistant OS 5.13
update_channel: stable
supervisor_version: supervisor-2021.04.0
docker_version: 19.03.15
disk_total: 30.8 GB
disk_used: 4.6 GB
healthy: true
supported: true
board: ova
supervisor_api: ok
version_api: ok
installed_addons: SSH & Web Terminal (8.2.0), Visual Studio Code (3.3.0), Samba share (9.3.1), MariaDB (2.3.0), File editor (5.2.0), Node-RED (9.0.0)

dashboards: 2
resources: 1
views: 4
mode: storage

Edd, ive seen before where it caches this list and yoi habe to do a shift F5 refresh to reload the list. Give that a try, if not, have you got any errors in the logs?

1 Like

Shift F5 added to tips fileā€¦

Iā€™ll complete it tomorrow cheers

Does this work with the web portal logins here?

https://incontrol.landrover.com/jlr-portal-owner-web

I am getting the following error when I enter my credentials on the integration ui ā€œUnable to connect to the JLR InControl servers.ā€

Anyone have any advice please?