Jandy iAqualink Pool Integration

Log out on the app and log back in, see if you can still get in. My web interface is fine but when I login by their app I get “there was a problem establishing a connection. Please refresh and retry.”

I can log out and log in the app, but still can’t reconnect it to HA.

1 Like

Latest Android update comments claim iaqualink app is now totally borked. I suspect they broke something on their end…

I’ve got that issue, as well. If I enter my creds to re-add the integration or just bs creds - same error. Strangely enough, I am able to get in on the app. The HA log shows “Forbidden.”

I just did the 2021.6 update and didn’t check to see if this issue was happening before the update though. Poop.

Still not working for me. “Forbidden”

1 Like

Mine stopped too and I tried fixing it by doing latest update (2021.6) still doesn’t work but I can access the app on my phone or laptop no problem so their site is working just not this integration.

This was failing for me yesterday morning before upgrading to 2021.6

Oh good to know. I thought 2021.6 caused it. I opened a bug report here:

1 Like

My iaqualink android app is still completely borked. At least I can control via web interface, but this is something I think they broke.

Androids working now after a PW change… hmm. Just updated my PW in HA, but still 403 :frowning:

This is super frustrating. I just had a Jandy unit installed a month ago and have been using the HA integration. It was pretty cool seeing the pool light turn on when we open the backdoor in the evening :smiley:

Has anybody tried to send an email to their support address? I’m not sure I have enough understanding of the technical issue to properly discuss it with them.

A ticket was opened on github, so I would assume the dev is working on it. He’s already aware, as the ticket I opened was already a duplicate (this was reported ~20 hrs ago).

1 Like

I’ve updated the original issue on GitHub, long story short: they’re changed the URLs.

2 Likes

I removed the integration this morning with the intention of re-adding it, and now that I cannot, I think I’m out of luck until the official fix, right?

I did that - I ended up restoring HA to a previous snapshot to get it back. But all my iAqualink stuff is still unavailable

Yeah the problem isn’t with HA, something has changed on the iAqualink side that is breaking the integration

Looking on GitHub at the issue that was logged on June 2nd. Looks like they were able to quick find a solution and update the integration. The issue status on GitHub shows closed. How do we update the integration? I’m still unable to log in via UI interface “failed to connect”

From the dev:

Some good news, if you can find where iaqualink is installed, update const.py with the following values:

AQUALINK_LOGIN_URL = “https://prod.zodiac-io.com/users/v1/login
AQUALINK_DEVICES_URL = “https://r-api.iaqualink.net/devices.json
AQUALINK_SESSION_URL = “https://p-api.iaqualink.net/v1/mobile/session.json

I have a long-standing upgrade to iaqualink 0.4.0 PR open (#48137) but I’ll try to do a 0.3.x release to patch this up rapidly.

1 Like

Thank you @flauran for the fix. For anyone who cannot edit const.py (as I cannot due to installation on Proxmox) you can simply override the component until it gets incorporated into HA. I had trouble using the custom_components folder and so I wanted to share my experience. It is very easy:

Copy all files from the ‘/src/iaqualink/’ folder of the fixed component into your /config/iqaualink/{put_files_here} reboot and you are done. Working perfectly for me. Everything is back online. Don’t try to put the files in /config/custom_components/iqualink/{dont_put_files_here} as they need to be next to custom_config not in it.

Good luck and don’t forget to delete this folder once the fix is pushed to HA!

If you have it working, can you post your directory structure? Because you’re suggesting it should be /config/iaqualink/iaqualink/const.py which doesn’t sound like that would work (and doesn’t when I tested it).

To add a custom component, you need to do a lot more than drop random config files into your directory. You also need to add the integration to your config.yaml, but there is no documentation on this custom integration because it’s deprecated in favor of the official HA one.

1 Like