Jandy iAqualink Pool Integration

Couldn’t find anything that I could use so I took a stab at adding support for it myself.

Code lives here: https://github.com/flz/hass-aqualink. Just needs to be dropped in your custom_components directory and add an aqualink section to your config (with username/password fields). Check the github link for more in-depth instructions.

This may require a recent version of HA. I have 0.92.x.

Let me know if this is useful!

Florent

6 Likes

Thank you for taking this on, really appreciate the work.

Gave it a quick run this evening getting the following in the logs. I will have more time in the morning to look into this further, but thought you might recognize something.

2019-03-15 16:26:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry Aqualink for aqualink
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 260, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
File “/config/custom_components/aqualink/init.py”, line 69, in async_setup_entry
aqualink.refresh()
File “/config/custom_components/aqualink/api.py”, line 207, in refresh
state = state_map[state.attrs[‘src’]]
KeyError: ‘/files/images/aux_1_0.png’

Found the problem, the state_map was failing on my pool light. Added the extra values and i am now up and running.

Will run some tests and report back. The light is dimmable, so that may be the difference

Thanks again, wasn’t sure how i was going to integrate my pool equipment. Was looking into the aqualinkD project, and about to order a Pi. But was not sure how i was going to get it connected into HA. This is much simpler, and has all the functions i need. Great work, and very timely.

Yes! Literally having pool installed as we speak. Should be done next month. Can’t wait to try this. Thanks!

Thank you. I was going to ask them for an api when I can find time during their support hours, but you got a component done. Could you supply an example config section on the github page. I am not able to get mine working. Edit: Issue is related to the image of aux_2_0.png missing.

Your issue may be similar to mine. I have a dimmable pool light that uses a different image for the state and a different method for toggling off and on. What i did to temporarily patch the issue was to add the two new images into the state_map logic in api.py (see below). My issue was the dimmable light that uses aux_1_0 and aux_1_1. Looks like you may have something a bit different.

state_map = {
            "/files/images/aux_0_0.png": False,
            "/files/images/aux_0_1.png": True,
            "/files/images/aux_0_3.png": True,
            "/files/images/aux_1_0.png": False,
            "/files/images/aux_1_1.png": True,
    }

Now my pool light does not work, because i will still need to map the scripts to the device. But everything else works great.

My skills are limited, so i am afraid i won’t be of much help. I can read the code and follow the logic, but very little else.

best of luck

Good luck with the construction. Let me know how the component works for you!

I don’t have dimmable lights in my setup but if you can give me temporary access somehow, I’d be happy to have a look for you.

None of that stuff is documented so I’ve only been able to go with what the UI showed me. For example, it’s not clear to me what difference there is between aux_0_1.png and aux_0_3.png. Both icons looked the same to me.

Sure, i am up for that. But apparently i am not smart enough to figure out how to send a personal message with the uid/passowrd. I will figure it out eventually i suppose. Thanks

ok, found the PM (i think). you should have access, good luck. I will leave it open for a bit. If you need more, let me know. I am very happy to help you any way that i am able. Really appreciate the effort!

Bonus points if you can grab both the set-point temperatures. :grin: Might be nice to combine that with the temp and heater controls for a climate entity.

Thanks, I’ll try to have a look in the next few days.

I doubt the temperatures will be available, I know they aren’t for me. I’m guessing this isn’t something that iAqualink exposes. Likewise, I can change the settings for the chlorine generator.

My set temps are there, interesting that yours are not. No chlorine generator though. It certainly is a challenging project when things appear differently for each pool. Good luck. It is a beautiful sunny day, so outside anyway.

Attaching a pic of my new pool tab, thanks to you!

1 Like

I like the look of your tab, I haven’t given much time to mine besides having my sensors/switches in separate pool/spa cards :slight_smile:

You’re right, I have the set temperatures. I will have a look at that after I add support for the dimmable lights. It might be tricky to test but it shouldn’t be too difficult to implement.

I’m putting in variable speed pump and the TruClear salt water generator. Do you think those could be added as well?

Those don’t appear in the Aqualink webui so you’ll have to use to PDA to adjust them.

I’m pretty sure both will be. I’m not getting a pda. Everything will be controllable via the app or webui.

This makes the pump available via the app and I think the webui

https://www.jandy.com/en/products/pumps/variable-speed/iqpump01

And this is the salt water system. It says iaqualink control has been added

https://www.jandy.com/en/products/water-sanitizers/truclear

Not sure if any of that helps at all.

Mind sharing your config? I’m getting a partial config error.

Testing configuration at /config

Failed config
General Errors:
- Component not found: Aqualink
Successful config (partial)

Looks like you may have capitalized Aqualink. Try all lowercase?

same response unfortunately

aqualink:
  - platform: custom_component
    username: xxxxxxxxxxx
    password: xxxxxxxxxxx

Try removing the platform line? What version of HA are you running?