Jandy iAqualink - pool salinity displaying unknown

Finally got an iAqualink system in my pool (salt water pool). I was quite happy with how easy wasto deploy the HA integration for iAqualink, but there is one thing that I am not sure if it is on my end or just an error in the integration (I wish I knew a little more programming to help debug).

@flauran mentions the need for the AquaPure device (which I have) in order to be able to see pool salinity (salt levels in PPM). Although I have such module and it shows the correct value in the iAqualink web portal, HA only shows unknown

salinity2

Is there anything I need to do on my end to solve this issue, or is it a limitation of the current integration? Can it be looked at? I will be more than happy to try to help in any way I can, even if it is only by testing a new version of the Jandy integration

Forgot to mention. HassOS 3.10; Home Assistant Core 0.105.3 running on proxmox VM

Hey,

You can enable debugging as shown in the integration documentation and see if it returns anything.

Your system looks like mine. I can see the % on the PDA but it doesn’t appear in the API results somehow.

I just did, but no logs for homeassistant.components.iaqualink. Should I delete and add the integration? Other than Salt levels (and % chlorine production) the rest of the values seemed to be working correctly.

@flauran, I had to leave, and my system was off (just my luck), but I found the following entries in the logs

2020-02-11 16:31:46 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.iaqualink] Got 2 lights: [AqualinkColorLight(name='aux_2' data={'aux': '2', 'name': 'aux_2', 'state': '0', 'label': 'Pool Light', 'icon': 'aux_7_0.png', 'type': '2', 'subtype': '4'}), AqualinkColorLight(name='aux_3' data={'aux': '3', 'name': 'aux_3', 'state': '0', 'label': 'Laminar LED LT', 'icon': 'aux_7_0.png', 'type': '2', 'subtype': '4'})]
2020-02-11 16:31:46 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.iaqualink] Got 8 sensors: [AqualinkSensor(name='spa_temp' data={'name': 'spa_temp', 'state': ''}), AqualinkSensor(name='pool_temp' data={'name': 'pool_temp', 'state': ''}), AqualinkSensor(name='air_temp' data={'name': 'air_temp', 'state': '96'}), AqualinkSensor(name='cover_pool' data={'name': 'cover_pool', 'state': ''}), AqualinkSensor(name='spa_salinity' data={'name': 'spa_salinity', 'state': ''}), AqualinkSensor(name='pool_salinity' data={'name': 'pool_salinity', 'state': ''}), AqualinkSensor(name='orp' data={'name': 'orp', 'state': ''}), AqualinkSensor(name='ph' data={'name': 'ph', 'state': ''})]
2020-02-11 16:31:46 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.iaqualink] Got 7 switches: [AqualinkPump(name='spa_pump' data={'name': 'spa_pump', 'state': ''}), AqualinkPump(name='pool_pump' data={'name': 'pool_pump', 'state': '0'}), AqualinkHeater(name='spa_heater' data={'name': 'spa_heater', 'state': '0'}), AqualinkHeater(name='pool_heater' data={'name': 'pool_heater', 'state': '0'}), AqualinkHeater(name='solar_heater' data={'name': 'solar_heater', 'state': ''}), AqualinkAuxToggle(name='aux_1' data={'aux': '1', 'name': 'aux_1', 'state': '0', 'label': 'Bubbler', 'icon': 'aux_1_0.png', 'type': '0', 'subtype': '0'}), AqualinkAuxToggle(name='aux_EA' data={'aux': '4', 'name': 'aux_EA', 'state': '0', 'label': 'Laminar Jets', 'icon': 'aux_1_0.png', 'type': '0', 'subtype': '0'})]

The system came on at 17:00 EST, but no aqualink entries since the one listed above. HA is showing the correct state (and value) for everything except for the pool salinity; which shows properly on the aqualink web portal. Hope this helps, and hopefully there is something that can be done to allow to monitor pool salinity, that will make maintaining the pool quite a lot easier if I can see it through HA (and also create Grafana entries with historical data). anything I can do to help, I will certainly do it.

markiper, I would love some info on how you got data from the iAqualink to Grafana.

Hello @jkosharek , welcome to the forum (and HA community). iAqualink integration to HA will allow you to see certain values (states); then I followed this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9qIqq104as

to install influxDB and pull data to Grafana. It is still a work in progress for me, as I just had the pool automation installed, and I really have not gotten much free time to play with it. Hope this helps

@markiper Thanks for the info, I was able to install & configure HA, install & configure the iAqualink, and push this data to my existing Grafana/Influx setup. My pool salinity is also ‘Unknown’ in HA and I cannot find salinity field in Grafana/Influx.

Does your iAqualink show pump speed?

Despite showing on the PDA, speed pump, salinity and pH (and other values) don’t seem to be exposed by the iAqualink API. They also don’t show in the iAqualink mobile app.

You are 100% correct; unfortunately, those values are not exposed (bummer). I tried getting someone at iAqualink to see if there were any plans, but so far I have been unsuccessful at getting anyone’s attention. It will be great to be able to see those values, but I guess we will have to wait.

The pump speed and salinity both show in the mobile app and web apps for me:

@jkosharek; technically that is not the mobile app; that is the web rendition of their PDA. I also see the same thing when I go to the web (or web option of the mobile app); but those values are not exposed to the API (kind of a bummer)

That makes more sense on what is actual API data and PDA info.

Do you have an iQPUMP01 or is this the standard system?

I have the Jandy ePump
https://www.jandy.com/en/products/pumps/variable-speed/epump

I was just discovering this integration shows Unknown for pool salinity on my all-Jandy pool equipment as well. I’m wondering, if Jandy’s API doesn’t support pool salinity, then why does this integration even show it?

1 Like

Does anyone know why salinity is showing Unknown? If the Aqualink API doesn’t support it, shouldn’t the integration remove it as well?

1 Like

+1 I added this as an issue to the iAquaLink Python library here.

Here is a feature request regarding how iAquaLink devices are registered in HA that you might consider upvoting as well.