I have a JC8012P4A1C_I_W_Y1 display that I am unable to program; I cannot upload the demo project from the Arduino side, nor does it upload properly via ESPHome. When I do upload a program, sometimes the graphics don’t appear, and other times the touch function doesn’t work. Does anyone have a universal file that I could modify and use for my project?
Try here this is superb, and getting better every hour ![]()
Your first phrase says you have upload problem, second one that you don’t.
So how it goes?
And what is the situation with cameras in this project? What is the frame rate? And what is the quality?
If you have questions ask here.
Well, this is a forum, after all. It’s perfectly normal to ask questions here—especially for someone who shares a link to a fantastic project.
I didn’t say it wasn’t acceptable to ask but the thread discussing it will be a far better place to ask thats why I linked it.
My question was rhetorical; I already know the answer. Although cameras are listed as a feature in that “wonderful” project you linked to, they don’t work at all. In fact, a lot of things there are glitchy: buttons in the media player flicker, the map in the “person” domain doesn’t move, and some icons are misaligned. The integration interface is cluttered and unintuitive… because the project is being written by a bot based on existing projects. So, I wanted to hear from you: what exactly makes it so wonderful?
The cameras work fine with my dash, if that helps, they take a bit to first load but that is to be expected with the limited power of an esp32. I don’t have any issues with buttons or any cards to be fair.
Instead of complaining why not help out by testing and providing feedback or solutions.
What do you mean by “excellent”? At what screen resolution and frame rate? None of my camera feeds run smoothly. What display model are you using? And which microcontroller—the ESP32-S3 or the ESP32-P4? If it’s the P4, what “limited power” are we talking about? The substream from HiWatch and HikVision cameras should run flawlessly at 15+ FPS (or even higher) and load very quickly.
P.S. I’m not complaining, but I have no intention of helping either, since the project we’re discussing simply copied all its ideas from other projects—specifically mine. I just want to understand what makes this project so great—what does it offer that others don’t? Ease of installation? No. Graphics? No. A unique dashboard system? No. Maximum optimization? No. Then what is it? I’m interested in your opinion.
Sorry not playing if you have issues take them up with the owner of the project, not me.
You’re a strange person. I asked for your opinion on what makes this project so great—a simple question. Yet, for some reason, you’re referring me to the project owner. You claim that the cameras—your cameras (note: yours, not the owner’s)—work perfectly. I asked you a straightforward question about them: what is the resolution and the frame rate? After all, you were the one who called the project great, not me. And you didn’t say it was great according to the owner, did you? So, what’s the problem with answering simple questions? Specifically, what makes it so great in your opinion? It seems simple enough; I don’t understand why you’re having trouble answering such basic questions.
