Jellyfin integration

Still looking for a solution; Using plex in the meantime!

Plex is what Iā€™m trying to move away from. Theyā€™ve really ruined it over the last few years

2 Likes

I cant understand how so many people with Home Assistant use Jellyfin, but both integrations barely workā€¦

Is there an other way that they use it? Because for me it seems like the Plex integration is waaaayyyy batter.

I have been using Jellyfin with HA for awhile and everything works. I even have NFC cards that my kids can tap to play specific movies or tv shows. Why do you say that the integrations barley work? Plex has become bloated with a ton of things that I do not need or want. Plex used to be what I used for years.

People donā€™t generally choose Jellyfin over Plex considering the quality of the HA integration :joy:

I used to use Plex as well. I moved to local Jellyfin once I discovered all of the telemetry data going back to Plex. Jellyfin / HA is working great for me.

It seems to be a problem on your side, unfortunately. Please share the errors with us, so we can make the integration better.

I havenā€™t heard of any errors or issues with Jellyfin in the last months, but as the statistics show, the integration is used by a few people:

The Jellyfin service was introduced in Home Assistant 2021.12, and itā€™s used by 2498 active installations. Its IoT class is Local Polling.

from integrations page

i installed it for my jellyfin install, but honestly iā€™ve not understood what should be the advantage of having it (for sure my limit)
what are your use cases?
thanks!