Jellyfin media player (Emby fork) integration

Jellyfin is an open source fork of Emby.
The Emby integration works fine, but this is not obvious/findable, as it doesn’t mention Jellyfin anywhere. (The Jellyfin site, understandably, also focuses on Jellyfin features instead of on being an Emby fork)

As long as it works with both, duplicating the code doesn’t seem like a great solution. But maybe there is some way that searching for Jellyfin could find the Emby integraton, and the description could mention it also works with Jellyfin? (Or even rename it “Emby/Jellyfin”)

Personally, I found Jellyfin while looking for an open-source Plex alternative and it took me quite a while to discover that it was possible after all to integrate it into my Home Assistant setup. Which made both projects seem slightly less awesome than they are.

1 Like

I agree.
It’s a shame that an opensource media server is not mentioned by Home Assistant, which itself is an opensource project.

2 Likes

Agreed, I was a long time plex user and recently switched to Jellyfin, for various reasons. For the meantime I’ll use the Emby integration.

Working on it: koying/jellyfin_ha: Jellyfin integration for Home Assistant (github.com)

1 Like

What kind of state is this in? Ready for alpha or beta testing?

It’s still in development phase, but ready for alpha testing, I’d say.

what’s the required config.yaml entries to try this?

Thanks

It’s configured via the integration page only. No YAML.

Some updates on this ? as I’m running beta hassio but I don’t have an integration for Jellyfin avalaible yet :frowning:

Thanks

Is this already part of HA ?
[EDIT]: Looks like it shows up on left bar under Media when jellyfin is added, thought I don’t see it playing yet

How do I debug if it can’t play anything?