Jewish calendar holiday type as secular off-school day sensor

Hi,

Latest change of the Jewish calendar sensor ruined my secular off/school day logic :wink:

When the sensor had jewish_calendar_holiday_type with state as int signifying importance by order, it was very easy:

- platform: template
    sensors:
      school_day:
        friendly_name: "School day"
        value_template: >-
            {{ now().strftime('%a') != 'Sat'
            and 
            (states.sensor.jewish_calendar_holiday_type.state|int > 4 
            or
            states.sensor.jewish_calendar_holiday_type.state|int == 0)
            }}     

But with the new logic it is impossible. I now need to verify each holiday name compare to a list.
Any way to support both ways?

Second feature I would really like to see is a sensor that will state what will be tomorrow. i.e. if tomorrow is a holiday (type, etc.) or not. It’s more for knowing and showing on the dashboard than for automations but highly useful in my opinion.

Thanks for a great and useful calendar component!

Why not use the existing workday sensor for this?

I dont think that fits your second requirement, but it should work for the first one?

Because my country (Israel) is not on the available countries for that sensor…
Thanks though.

Hi @tsvi, sorry for pinging you directly - if I got it right, you have developed the plugin in question, so I wonder if you had the chance to see my post and if you’ll agree to comment about it. Thanks in advanced.

Hi Alon,

Thanks for pinging me directly. Yes, I’m the codeowner for the Jewish Calendar integration.

Sorry for ruining the sensor for you, I suppose you can understand I tried to make it better by actually giving the description of instead of some integer value.

Could you open an issue on GitHub and ping me there? It shouldn’t be hard to add the attribute as an integer value as well.

Regarding the tomorrow sensor, it’s on my to do list sensor, but obviously asking nicely helps.

Don’t worry, I trust you can fix it :wink:
I believe both are required - text for humans and integers for machines…

sure, going to do it right away.

:+1: