Just installed HAOS and can not access

To the best of my knowledge it is DCHP. Should I try using a different router? I have an older one that I replaced when I went with the Deco Mesh system.

what comand at HA prompt to find the sub net mask? On my widows 11 it is 255.255.252.0

Here is a screenshot of HA network

If your windows have it too, then it should work.
It is just unusual to see that number, but maybe your router/ISP is a bit foresighted and have extended the subnet to be prepared for IoT.
Your network will then be 192.168.68.1 to 192.168.71.254 and your broadcast will be 192.168.71.255

How is HAOS installed?
Is it on bare-metal or in Proxmox or another hypervisor?
What is the exact error message in the browser when you try to connect (error messages from different browser could also help)

i used Balena to flash the board with the current x86 OS. flash showed successful and inserted back into the Beelink N100 and booted. It came up with Home Assistant page and HA:

The messages varied from a google page with question on accessing HA. to the standard Not Found page with the three test options. They were varied also by the different versions

Okay, and is there any text on the screen output on the Beelink?
Like not being able to contact Github.com or similar?

One possibility is that your browsers are automatically trying to enforce HTTPS, when HTTP is what’s needed. As a test, you could temporarily disable the browser setting that does this. Each browser is slightly different: in Firefox, it’s Settings → Privacy & Security → “Don’t enable HTTPS-Only Mode”.

If you make that change, can you access HA, or at least is the connection error message different?

no text on the screen on the beelink nor comments about github.

Did that on Firefox and the result was the same. “Unable to connect screen.”

You should at least see something similar to this:

Could you post a picture of your “Unable to connect screen” error message? If you were having network connectivity issues, I would expect (again in Firefox) something like this:

If that’s not what you’re getting, please post a pic of what you are seeing.

http://192.168.68.120:8123

1 Like

This have been suggested a few times now and if that does not work, then I can only see things like antivirus/malware scanners or firewalls that should prevent it.
The firewall can be a cause, if the WiFi have segmentation enabled, so all data go out to the router and then back again, which could in rare cases make HA mark the packets as being non-local.
VPN connections could also be a cause for such things.

1 Like

Ok, I have Norton 360 and have disabled the firewall and VPN is turned off.

Where should i go to Check if the WIFI has segmentaion enabled?

Should I use another router and have it hard wired to both my laptop and the Beelink with the HAOS?

Another note when use http://192.168.68.120:4357 I connect to the Observer Screen

The segmentation is a feature that some APs and wireless router can have, so check your AP/wireless router.

I Assume the “nameserves” comes/provided from your Router ?
Im aware that many people uses various NS for HA, for various reasons.

However when one uses those “settings” in a Router, Even your Windows machine and Browsers will have these “settings” aswell , which i personally don’t like
No direct external DNS’s in my Network

I Have my Lan-IP( Gateway ) as DNS , this way any calls to the Lan is routed .1 first internally, 2. if it’s outside the scope(s) of The Router( or no mdns reponses ), the Router forwards it to external DNS’s

I know this have been discussed in many Topics, and i know what a DNS is, so i don’t wanna see this discussion again.

I use as mention 192.168.x.y ( Y=Gateway/DNS ) and i never had issues with that

EDIT: Could you post pic of your (type in HA console)
dns info