Just upgraded to 0.45, now my zwave won't work. Anyone else?

I ran apt-get update/upgrade and everything is up to date. When you say reinstall, do you mean reflashing hassbian to your SD card?

EDIT:
Also just tried reinstalling openzwave with hassbian_config and then tried uninstalling homeassistant and reinstalling, no luck :frowning:

I just did a fresh hassbian install, and now I can see my zwave devices but they arent named correctly, they are zwave.__2 and zwave.__6.

Not sure what to do now

Seems like my zwave is completely gone ??
Not a line in the log about it at debug mode …

Seems to be a new day of debugging. :slight_smile:

@oobie11 is your zwcfg****.XML file in your /home/homeassistsnt/.homeassistant directory? That is where HA would map the entity IDs to names.

Thanks, I think I’ve figured it out.
Since I reflashed hassbian and because HomeAssistant 0.45 installs open zwave via PyPi (it appears that having the openzwave package installed interferes with 0.45s PyPi), I did not install the openzwave package with the hassbian-config command. This means that I do not have the OZWCP installed on my server.
I was seeing my devices, but they were not showing the correct name.

0.45 has a new zwave panel that is supposed to take the place of OZWCP. In this panel I was able to select and rename the devices, but although they were showing and had the correct name they still were not working.

Then I noticed that my zwave light switch was reporting “dead”, so I removed the node from my zwave network and re added it. After that, I renamed the device in the zwave panel again and all is working fine.

Lots of hoops I had to jump through, but it’s all working now.

Hope this helps some people dealing with the same frustrations.

Having problems myself after 0.45 upgrade.

Does anybody know whats the correct config_path after 0.45 upgrade (pypi openzwave)?

Which of these are correct?

• /srv/hass/src/python-openzwave/openzwave/config <-- works, but seems to be an old version (telldus not supported in this version)
  • /srv/hass/lib/python3.4/site-packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config <-- does not work
  • /srv/hass/lib/python3.4/site-packages/python_openzwave-0.4.0.34-py3.4-linux-armv7l.egg/python_openzwave/ozw_config <-- folder empty

Do we need to uninstall something?

Cant remember if /srv/hass/src/python-openzwave/openzwave/ was installed by me or hass…

I’m running Hasssbian 1.23 now. I was running 1.22 and had openzwave installed via the hassbian-config command. Due to a bug in hassbian 1.22 I had to manually symlink the config path noted here. However, after I updated to 0.45 it seemed that the openzwave package that I installed wasn’t playing nice with the PyPi zwave that 0.45 uses.

I gave up and reflashed te newest version of Hassbian and didnt do the sudo hassbian-config install openzwave command at all, letting the 0.45 take care of setting up zwave.

Digging around a bit, I am unable to find where openzwave in installed at all now…

Hi, I am having troubles also. Devices haven’t updated since I upgraded last night. No errors that I can see. Rebooted but no change

error too. please give us an idea to reinstall or correct
thank you.

Correct what :slight_smile: ? I simply laid out the process I had to go through to get my server working with my zwave devices. I had to do a full clean reflash of Hassbian and did not install openzwave, instead letting home assistant take care of installing it via the new PyPi method. Then I tranfered my backed up config files and needed to remove and re add all my zwave devices from my zStick. Lastly I resetup my devices with the zwave panel in HA.

In hindsight, it was a complete PITA, but pretty simple solution. The thing that was the biggest pain though was reinstalling all the other server side things i needed, such as mosquitto MQTT, DuckDNS, and the Presence software from HappyBubbles.

1 Like

So you are not able to find anything for openzwave in your equivalent folder:

/srv/hass/lib/python3.4/site-packages/

?

Nope, when I cd into /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages there is nothing in regards to openzwave.
The only place I have been able to find anything related to python_openzwave in in the deps folder in my .homeassistant folder

1 Like

Make sure you copy your options.xml to your .homtassistant directory.

Thanks! Seems like this is the right place. This means that my previous installs of openzwave may be causing my problems… Will try to uninstall this.

Followed the above advice and blew away my hassbian image and installed the latest. Bit of a pain and after a hour or so got my configuration back to how I like it.
I guess it’s at least all now a nice clean installation and all my trial and error from before has been cleared away.

1 Like

Yep, that’s how I felt lol. Fingers crossed I wont have to do it again for 0.46!

1 Like

I just upgraded to homeassistant 0.45.1 via pip3, and got the Can't autoconfigure path to config error too – but found a quick fix.

Looking at the openzwave config path code (https://github.com/OpenZWave/python-openzwave/blob/master/src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.pyx#L598), I hacked around the problem by just symlinking to one of the hard-coded locations it look at, e.g.

ln -s /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/python_openzwave/ozw_config /etc/openzwave

I don’t understand what broke during the upgrade, and appreciate this is not a neat virtualenv setup. However I’ve spent hours trying to piece together zwave libraries & configs manually in the past, so have no interest in debugging further now this is working again! :slight_smile:

Hope this helps people who are broken!

Found this post as zwave was busted after an upgrade to 0.45. Was super worried I’d have to go through a re flash and a re-inclusion of all devices. Luckily when checking the USB path, it had changed, and a simple update to that line of the config file fixed it.

I fixed my z wave problem with HA 0.45:
$ sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant
$ source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
$ pip install python_openzwave==0.4.0.31
but your problem looks different

1 Like

I had the same error, though not upgrading from 0.45 (had a somehow fresh install in 0.47).
This trick worked for me and solved my problem ! Thanks a lot.