Just went through the Alexa Smart Home setup and got stuck a "discover Devices"

it just looks like you didn’t have locale and below indented from smarthome

Oh yeah it was up there, forgot I posted it. Well, thanks glad it’s working now!

Apparently the entity_config isn’t working now though… I think I have that indent correct… tried deleting and re-discovering…

alexa:
  smart_home:
    locale: en-US
    endpoint: https://api.amazonalexa.com/v3/events
    client_id: ##################
    client_secret: #################
    filter:
      exclude_domains:
        - alarm_control_panel
        - alert
        - automation
        - binary_sensor
        - camera
        - climate
        - cover
        - fan
        - group
        - input_boolean
        - input_number
        - image_processing
        - light
        - lock
        - media_player
        - scene
        - script
        - sensor
        - switch
        - timer
        - vacuum
      include_entities:
        - binary_sensor.multisensor_motion
        - binary_sensor.front_door_opened
        - binary_sensor.side_door_opened
        - binary_sensor.garage_door  
    entity_config:
      cover.garage_door:
        name: "Garage Door"
        display_categories: COVER
      binary_sensor.mutisensor_motion:
        name: "Living Room Motion"
        description: "Living Room Motion"
        display_categories: CAMERA

So this has all been working great… question I have is, since they added the “user” that performed an action to the logbook, things done using the ASHS show up as being done “by My Name”… I’m assuming that is because the long-lived access token was generated from that HA account. Am I correct to assume I would have to make an “Alexa HA” account and generate the token via that account in order to get the logbook to differentiate? (or would just the last step of “linking the account” be enough) I have been hesitant because it was quite the process to get this originally setup and I didn’t want to risk breaking it… but it makes it difficult to prove to the wife that she turned on a light with Alexa because she doesn’t enunciate… and not some HA ghost :slight_smile:

EDIT: after walking through the steps again it looks like it’s not using the LLAT and that was just for the initial testing. So I think I can just unlink and relink with a different HA user? I also see this on the skill page and Im wondering if the name in the logbook is actually coming from the Amazon Alexa profile and not HA

• Account linking works with the Alexa profile that is logged in. If you have multiple profiles in your household, say “Alexa, switch profiles” to switch profiles on your device.

OK last edit: I created a new HA User, unlinked the skill and relinked and it changes the name in the logbook… all good…

I stepped on the same poop as Krinehart and Deten…

Living in California I thought I read that I’m supposed to choose Oregon as the region when setting up the Lambda function. Turns out:

• US West (Oregon) region for Japanese and English (AU) skills.

Yup, AU as in Australia.

If you live in the USA, you HAVE to choose N. Virginia as the region. Otherwise it won’t work, and there won’t be any debug info on HA or AWS to help you debug the issue.

Sorry, I’m searching how to discover from Alexa the devices configured on a Docker installation made on a Synology Device.

Is this the correct post? Need I to use DuckDNS even if my installation is accessible from outside using Reverse Proxy service of Synology with SSL certificate?

Amazon requires HA to be exposed to the internet to get the Alexa Smart Home Skill to work. You can configure the alexa smart home skill to work with the ip address of your house. However, if your ISP changes your IP, then you have to update the skill. If you use a DNS, then amazon will have your hostname instead of IP and you won’t have to update the skill when your ISP changes your IP.

If you don’t want to bother with any of that, you can also just purchase nabu casa and it’ll work right out of the box.

But my HomeAssintant is perfectly available from outside my web with an url like https://homeass.mynasname.synology.me

My reverse proxy on the Synology NAS is routing allways to the HA of instance with SSL certified navigation.

With that configuration I tried to follow the official way of integrate Alexa (withou navu-casa subscription) but I get stuck on the step of connect the skill to my account.

The test of Lambda function runs ok and show all the devices of my home assistant installation. So I think I’m pretty close, but I need some help to solve the issue with the skill.

Any suggestions?